Day Two

(A.N.-Almost over, like one or two more parts. ahaha. I might combine night two and day three together, but I'm not sure yet. I might not even do night two...I'll see how it all works out.....)

Day two:

            The old grandfather clock sat in the corner of the room. Its rhythmic beat seemed to get louder with every tic—I knew it was just my imagination. I stared at the clock as the seconds seemed to last for hours.

Time.

Such a valuable thing.

Something you can never get back.

So why do people waste it?

            An abrupt knock on the door seemed to make the proud noises coming from the grandfather clock fade away. Before I had a chance to open my mouth, my mother was in my room. She sat down on my bed nervously, but planted a fake smile on her flawless face.

“What are you doing?” She tried to make conversation with me.

“Nothing,” I grumbled miserably. I could have been out with Taylor—apologizing—but instead I was trapped in my overwhelmingly small room.

“Well, I’ve decided to un-ground you for a day.”

I smiled brightly, but it soon shrunk. “Only a day? Why?”

“This Thursday you are un-grounded.”

“Why Thursday?” I asked, confused.

“Because Thursday is Taylor’s funeral.” My mother said somberly.

My eyes widened in disbelief. “What?” I asked a little too loudly. “What happened to her?”

“She was killed. Maddie, I’m giving you one chance, and one chance only to admit what you’ve done.”

“Mom, you don’t think I did this…do you?” I shook my head.

“I saw you take your car out the last night; it was right around the time Taylor was killed.”

“I didn’t kill her!” I shouted desperately.

“You said you hated her, didn’t you?”

“It was a stupid fight! Nothing worth killing someone over! Mom, I didn’t do it! I promise!”

“Stop lying, Maddie! You’re lucky I haven’t called the cops on you yet!” Mom fought back with much anger.

“I’m not lying!” I tried, I tried to get her to believe me, but it was hopeless. Nothing would work.

“First you kill the dog…now Taylor. If you admit to it now, then I’ll only ground you for a year.”

“I didn’t!”

“That’s it.” She stood up angrily. “I’m calling the cops right after the funeral.” She shook her head. “I don’t know why I’m going to wait…you don’t deserve to go.” She glared at me in absolute and utter disgust and walked out of my room, slamming the door heavily behind her.

            The grandfather clock swayed carefully. I buried my tear stained face into my sweaty hands. I did, in some way, kill Taylor. If I had just offered my life, Taylor would have still been there. It was all my fault, but it was too late. I couldn’t fix it.

(A.N.-Thanks for reading, love you all!<3)