Chapter 27

Rex couldn't believe it. Boulder was gone, Tina had left with Aggra, and Juna didn't remember anything or anyone but him. Everything was falling apart. He was unsure what to do next. Juna was just waking up after a big meal. She was well rested and in good shape. It almost was like nothing had happened. She barked in curious question as to when they'd leave for the Breeding Grounds. Rex didn't know what to do so he just roared signaling the start of their migration. Juna stretched and was ready to go.

Weeks had passed since Tina and Aggra's departure. Rex still missed them, but he knew he had to move on. He knew that eventually Juna would remember and they'd find Tina. But for now, he'd just focus on going to the Breeding Grounds. He and Juna would stop occasionally and hunt some of the prey indigenous to their current location. They'd sometimes not rest or stop until they reached the Breeding Grounds. But as they went on, mating season was coming again and was close to the time that Rex had to mate with Juna and give way to the next generation. Juna was passed ready and Rex was still focused on getting to the Breeding Grounds first then do it there. But Juna's pheromones were filling the air with each day until Rex's instincts took over. Rex reared himself on Juna. She knocked him off a couple times, but eventually let him finish. Then when it was all over, Rex had almost forgotten about all the problems he'd faced. he was finally able to give way to the next generation of his family. And with one last thought of his new life devoted to being a father, he fell asleep with Juna leaning against him in yet another temporary nest.