Chapter 2 ~ Butterscotch - Cinnamon pie

"Wow!" I said, eyes sparkling with wonder seeing the massive  core in the distance

"Nice, isn't it?" I heard moms gentle voice over my shoulder, eyes wondering over the structure of the bizarre building. "It's a shame it's so hot though." A few beads of sweat rolled over her fur, falling to the red dirt  beneath my feet. 

"Oh honey, it's a nice temperature. Warm and cozy" Dads deep voice appeared as he walked next to his wife, resting one large hand on her shoulder.

"I hear the sun is REALLY hot! Isn't it Chara?" I froze. Not the kind where you can't breath, cant move, where your chest constricts and lungs compress. It was the kind where you cant think, your mind empties, your soul crumbles. Mom and Dad seemed to look at me, worry flooding their eyes.

"Y-yes. It is ver hot" My voice was flat, eyes colourless, dull. Funny thing is, I don't remember saying it, or even thinking it. "Very hot indeed" 

"Are you okay kiddo?" I felt a second hand on my shoulder, belonging to dad. This snapped me out of my trance.

"Huh? Oh yeah, I'm fine! Sorry" I tried to simply laugh it off, but inside I was so confused. I knew I was human, but that is all. I knew I had come from somewhere, but that is all. I knew Something strange had happened, but that is all. 

"Well, we should proberly get going" Mom said, the pair removing their hands from my shoulder, walking away to the elevator. 

I glanced out into the hotlands one last time, lava bubbling and horizon dancing like leaves on a windy autumn day. It was surprisingly peaceful, so slow, so calming. 

"Hey, you commin Chara?" I heard As say. 

"Huh? Oh yeah" Letting out a smile, I skipped after the boy, both of us laughing happily. 

"Hey Chara, sweetie?" Mom said from behind me. "Do you prefer Butterscotch or Cinnamon?" Still skipping, I wondered why she asked.  In all honesty, I couldn't remember what either tasted like. 

"Uhh, Butterscotch?" I said, just picking randomly. There was a slight pause in her speech, but before I could even ask her why she wanted to know, she threw out another question.

"You do not dislike cinnamon, do you? like, if you found it on your plate would you turn up your nose?" I turned my head back, facing her.

"No, I don't think so at least" I laughed, turning back and skipping along to the large metal doors of the lift. They opened at the touch of a button from As, revealing a large room with a checker floor, and a wall of buttons at the back. Once everyone was in the lift, Dad pressed on of the buttons, and we were jetted up, elevator shaking, rocking back and forth. I won lie, It scared me. I wanted to throw up, As on the other hand had a huge smile imprinted on his face, enjoying the ride.

As soon as the doors reopened, we were greeted by two male guards in heavy black armour.

How are they not suffering from heatstroke!? I thought, looking at their charcoal stained layers.

"Hello Mr and Mrs Dreemurr, and the young prince." Both of the man said in unison, deep voices rattling in the metal covering their large faces. One of them turned in my direction, elbowing the other. "And, young girl?" He leaned over to his partner, whispering in his ear. 

"Um, shall we escort you to your castle?" The pair stood up, puffing out their chests. 

"Yes please" Mom started, walking ahead, the rest following.

~~~

"And here is your room" The woman said, opening the door. Inside was a single bed, boxes and cupboards.  

"It's right next to mine!" As said energetically, running into my room and flopping onto the bed.

"Alright son, let Chara get settled" I heard dad from behind me, deep voice ringing in my tired ears. As popped up, and ran out of the room, giving me a two armed hug, before mom shut the door and left me to my new home. But in all honesty, I was too tired to look around.

Following the boys action, I collapsed on the bed, letting the soft covers fold around my body, making me feel heavy, sinking into the mattress. I could already feel my consciousness slipping.

That was fast.

Darkness.

~~~

I woke up to a smell, sweet, strong. 

Delicious. 

Slowly, I opened my weary eyes to see in the darkness a plate with a large slice of butterscotch-cinnamon pie.

"Thanks mom"

A/N

Hi guys! So, I just got back from an intense week of camping and hiking, and I noticed I haven't released this chapter yet, so I just kind of rushed it to get it out. Sorry if it is sloppy. The next one will be better. Thanks for reading!

- Eilrachi.