X

(The day before Zacky returned home...)

Matt and Brian had been walking along down a dark and calm main road.

Kind of like one of those scenes in a movie where the tall skinny street lights are flickering, the night sky black as Zacky's hair and the atmosphere cold as (ex).

"And why couldn't we rent a cab for christ sakes?" Brian snapped.

"Because...I didn't bring enough for one."

Brian stopped in his tracks and let his chocolate brown eyes droop deeper.

"Are you fucking serious.."

Matt shrugged and continued forth. He was determined to bring back one of his best friends girls.

"So..you mean to tell me," Brian caught up, "that out of all of the money we make, you didn't bring any for a cab?" His eyebrows rose.

"Quit being a lazy ass and focus on why we flew here."

"Let me ask you something did you bring any money?" His hands flew up and slapped the sides of his thighs.

"Well we needed some cash to bring four people home on a flight, now didn't we?" His dimples appeared, letting Syn know he was smirking.

It was going on eleven thirty now. They've been walking for about two hours.

"Matt, seriously man-"

"Where would she be, Gates?" Matt stopped walking and asked his friend.

Brian stared into his eyes and huffed.

"I remember Zack telling me were she used to live." He said just as they both stopped and looked at the high school they performed at with her years back.

"Damn..."

"You can almost see the lightning and thunder crashing behind it." Brian joked as they walked towards it.

They plopped themselves down on the front steps made of stone to rest.

"I'll tell you what, I'm not sleeping here." Brian said just as Matt's phone started to ring.

"Good then more search time," he responded before he answered his phone, "hey."

The sound of nighttime screamed during the pause.

"Uh-huh...right." Matt buried his face in his hand. Brian watched and observed the singer.

"Alright. I'll let him know."

Click.

"What's up?" Brian questioned.

Matt was too busy messing around on his phone.

"Well if you're gonna be like that then-"

"Come on. Get up." He patted Brian's back.

"Why?"

Matt was already at the bottom of the stairs with that famous dimple-grin.

"We're going to get (y/n)." He held up his phone with the location she was at.

"Thank Val later."

~*~

The two men arrived in front of a small home about twenty minutes later of walking.

"You sure this is it?"

"Mommy!" A small voice chirped.

Matt gave a goofy smile that screamed confidence as he knocked.