Darkness

"I did it because I've come to realise what many people in the Republic have come to realise. That the Jedi are the ones responsible for this war! That we've so lost our way that we have become villains in this conflict. That we are the ones who should be put on trial – All of us! And my attack on the temple was an attack on what the Jedi have become, an army fighting for the dark side, fallen from the light we once held so dear. This Republic is failing! It's only a matter of time!"

"A great leap forward often requires first taking two steps back, but sometimes all that is required is the will to jump,"

"Are you happy, child?"

"I am your future,"

"There is a wildness to you, seeds of the dark side planted by your master..."

"Be warned, you may never see your future if you remain his padawan!"

"I'm the one with the enthusiasm,"

"Does anyone care what the padawan thinks?"

"Ahsoka was your friend! She trusted you and you betrayed her!"

"I am no Jedi!"

"I'm sorry Master, but I'm not coming back,"

"In my book experience outranks everything,"

"I did not kill that woman!"

"I understand wanting to walk away from the order,"

"I know,"

The darkness was overwhelming her. The feeling at first had been pleasant, easy to let herself drift, to let herself truly rest for the first time in years. Again she'd made a mistake in thinking she could ever relax. Again she'd changed her mind too late. It crawled towards her in sweeping tendrils of an invisible substance. She saw nothing but pitch black and felt blind without the light to guide her. The dark presence lingered at the back of her mind as she fought to keep it at bay, her mental barriers crumbling with the effort.

A force she recognised as the dark side of the force probe through her mind, finding her memories, flashing her metal images from long ago... and new ones. She heard voices she recognised, but many of them weren't memories. But they hurt her anyway. Screams, whispers, threats and other tones echoed around her. But no matter what she tried she couldn't escape. Soon she would have to cry out from the pain. There was no other way to let it go, to free herself of the mental torture.

"Nooooooooooooooooooooo!"

At last she screamed, unable to rid herself of every memory. All she could see were the bodies of people she knew falling as they died, some of them people she had killed. Instinctively she tried to writhe away, to try and physically free herself.

She couldn't move.

She felt nothing restraining her movement, nothing to stop her from getting up. But as the panic overwhelmed her she realised that was the problem. She felt nor sensed anything. There was nothing and she was part of it. And in that moment she realised that there was no way out. She could fight forever and get nowhere. She'd already lost to the darkness. She gave up trying to fight the dark side, finally letting it free to overwhelm her. For a microsecond she saw flashes of everything in a different light, seeing things from a different point of view. Suddenly she had a sudden urge to take control of everything, to rule the galaxy the way a galaxy should be ruled, to kill anyone and anything that stood in her way.

Then suddenly she could feel again, sense again, and feel cold air rushing past her as she tumbled into oblivion, the world around her encased in complete darkness.

Her eyes flew open as she collided with the floor, the feeling suddenly gone as quickly as it came.

She felt breathless.

A/N:

For me, this is a really quick update so make the most of it. You can probably expect a new update around the same time next year now...just kidding. Anyway, this is pretty short, so sorry and...Hi... I don't know what else I'm supposed to be saying right now so umm..

BYE!