Sehun: ~Focus~

Sehun's POV:

Breathing heavily, I took the wet towel from around my neck and slung it across the room in defeat. I felt a hand on my shoulder, turning me towards them.

"You good?" Lu searched my eyes worryingly.

I nodded, clenching my jaw.

We'd been completing repetitions for the same choreography in "Monster" at least thirty times now, and my knee kept catching, causing me to flinch with each move.

"It's not something like this that holds you back, Sehun... again."

I heard Jaewon's voice from behind me, and I was quick to continue. I focused my eyes ahead of me, looking at my reflection in the mirror.

I felt Kai's eyes pierce me through the shiny glass, from the far right of our formation. Our gazes locked, but I quickly averted my eyes confidently.

I then aligned my body to the other's and attempted the move once more.

My focused wavered yet again as I watched Kai complete the move perfectly, without flaw. It was incredible.. he-

I collapsed suddenly, feeling my knee pop out of place with a large cracking noise.

"Damn it..." I winced, catching my fall with one elbow, propping myself up.

The rush of blood filled my face, but I couldn't tell if it was from pain or from the embarrassment of the others, him...watching.

"Stop, stop."

The music cut off suddenly, and I looked down at the dance floor, avoiding everyone's gazes.

Lu was standing in front of me again, holding out his hand to me as everyone watched.

"Come on, then." He said, rolling his eyes.

Attempting to get up without his help, I pushed up off of my hands. As I stood up, everything around me swirled into one.

Lu shifted back slightly, eyes on the ground.

"Bench out for now, okay? We'll continue once you regain focus." Jaewon took my shoulders, speaking in a half-whisper as if no one else heard.

Kai pushed through them both. His eyes were marked with concern, but his expression was full of disapproval.

I half closed my eyes as I knew what he was to do next.

He placed his hand on the small of my back, helping me limp to the bench nearby.

It wasn't the first time.

My knee has always been a problem, especially on this dance move. It was one of the reasons I was so hesitant to come back to practice after our long break.. I shouldn't have. He shouldn't have to take care of me like I'm some lost child. I'm 21 years old for Christ's sake.

But his hand was arched across my back, helping me as it always had been.

And I couldn't... I can't resist him.

When can I stop trying?

The thought echoed in my mind and then came to a halt.

I shook it away permanently, now adrift in some other fool's mind.

I helped myself onto the bench slowly, feeling his hand all too soon remove itself from my side.

Even though I tried not to overthink it, I could still feel the warmth of where it had been a moment before.

He sat down beside me, going through my bag that I had placed by the bench before.

"Why didn't you wear this?"

He asked, taking out my knee brace that I had thought I could do without.

I scoffed, running my fingers through my hair slowly.

He watched as I did. I thought I saw a tint of color appear on his cheeks, but he rolled his eyes quickly, averting my gaze.

"Why are you so much trouble..." He said quietly, taking a sip of water.

"You don't have to care."

I turned my head as I said it, hoping that he wouldn't hear.

"Yeah I do."

He said turning back towards me. I felt my face flush quickly.

"...all of us do."

He paused, looking down at the dance room floor for a split second.

"Right..."
I said, just under my breath.

I watched as the rest of our members continued to practice the same dance segment.

"You should go back out there. I'll be fine."
I said, beginning to velcro the knee brace in place.
Kai didn't say anything, he just shook his head and continued to watch them silently.

I exhaled slowly and began to move my knee, sharp pain shooting through my leg.

"Are you in pain?"

Kai asked, shifting himself off of the bench and onto the dance floor in front of me.
He looked up at me, a concerned look on his face.

Surprised, I shifted backwards as he placed his hands where the opening of the knee brace was.

"It's.. not that bad."
I managed, gritting my teeth as he began to massage the sides of my knee slowly with his warm fingers.

"Don't lie." He said softly, continuing to massage it back and forth slowly.

I wanted to stop him, but the pain gradually lifted away with his warm touch and slow movements.

He shifted his touch a bit, where the pain was more central.

"Mmh-"
I bit my cheek and pretended to cough suddenly as soon as I heard the moan escape my mouth.

God damn it, what the hell is wrong with me?

"It's fine, really."
I said, shifting my leg upward.

Kai looked up at me, smirking. His eyes glistened with amusement.
My face turned red instantly, I felt the blush fill my cheeks.

Kai then opened his mouth to say something, but Lu appeared in front of us.
Kai confidently stood up, greeting him with a nod.

"I'll walk you back, Sehun."
He offered his hand out to me once more, but Kai interrupted, taking Lu's arm and dragging him off to the side.

I watched as he whispered something to him quickly, a reluctant look appearing on Luhan's face.

They walked back over towards me, and I gave them a look.

"I'll catch you later."
Lu walked off before I could even protest, and exited the dance room doors.

I looked back to Kai, who held out his hand to me once more.

"C'mon." He said, a wide smirk appearing on his face.

Knowing I had no other choice, I reluctantly took his hand into a firm grasp.

A/N: *gives you ten thousand hugs for reading this* Honestly, thank you so much everyone!! <3
~ExoLovesEggroll