Chapter 5

----AUTHORS NOTE----

Oh my goodness I'm so sorry it's been forever!

Starting y'all off slow just until I start to get back in the groove

Enjoy!!

--------------------------

Team Heavy-Medic had moved on from the baggage claim to find Scout and Ms. Pauling.

"I don't know why we are looking for Spy anyway; we've never questioned him running off before. He can handle himse-" Medic spotted young Melissa among the crowd of rude busybodies shoving each other left and right. Heavy stood in front of him, parting the crowd like a snowplow in Canada, "Melissa, child, what are you doing? Where are-"

"Ms. Pauling left... and daddy went missing, I-I don't-"

Shit. She was crying. Medic didn't know how to handle crying children. "Uh- e-erm.. Don't cry! We'll fix this!" He looked back to Heavy, pleading for help quietly.

Heavy gently pat Medic's shoulder, ushering him aside. He got on his knee and faced the small child. He began to speak and immediately froze as he saw the tears running down her cheeks. "Do not cry! We will get you ice cream!" Ice cream fixes everything, even lost parents.

---

Katerina stood outside, attempting to hail a taxi. She tried to talk to the service counter, but they couldn't understand her thick, French accent no matter how starry-eyed they were. She needed to get to Casimir post-haste. She approached a nearby construction worker, "Um... Excusez-moi, My name is Katerin-"

The construction worker turned his attention to the beautiful French woman standing beside him. "Well well well, what can I do you for, mademoiselle?" His southern drawl butchered his attempt at anything remotely sexy.

"I am looking for hospital... my friend is..." she struggled to find the correct words, but in such a panic, it was a miracle she could even speak her own name.

"Say no more, mon cherie," which sounded more like mon Sherry than anything remotely french, "I'll hail you a cab." He waved at the nearest yellow vehicle, and opened up the backseat door, "Take this lovely lady to the Teufort General Hospital. Hell, I'll even pay for her." He winked in her direction.

"Oh, Merci! Merci, monsieur!" She loaded her luggage into the backseat with her and closed the door. She rolled down the window and waved goodbye, mumbling, "Casimir, I will be there very soon..."

He shouted as she drove into the distance, "Anytime!"

Demoman came barreling up to him, "Engie! What was that?!"

"Just a fine young lady needing a bit of southern hospitality." Engie sighed contently, "Too bad she's gone forever. Probably that guy, Casimir's, lover."

He paused.

"God damn it."