Spy: Chapter 3

Maneuvering around became significantly more difficult after falling once. The suave, french gentleman would have to sacrifice his facade soon if some luck didn't come his way.

And judging by his surroundings, luck was sparse.

The Heavy-Medic duo entered their assigned territory; Curious glances came from all directions, children pointed and remarked on their funny costumes, but it seemed more curious to them; what was the big deal? It was just a big, burly Russian guy and a 'borderline' psychotic German Medic.

Yeah, no big deal at all.

"Mommy, I want that man's big toy gun!" A little boy shouted from a few carousels over. His mother only gazed in fear, ushering little Timmy to the exit.

"Where should we look first, mein bär?" Medic scanned the room eagerly.

Heavy briefly scanned the room as well, "That way, near the windows." They casually made their way to said location, "What is 'bär,' Doktor?"

Medic froze. He was hoping Heavy would ignore that, "I-it is just another word for friend..! Yes, just a friendly word meaning friendship." Riiiiiighht...

(Bär actually means bear.)

"Oh." Heavy seemed slightly disappointed with his answer.

"We need to be quick or else-"

Airport security met them in their path. It was as if they had ascended from the floor...

"-... Gottverdammt."

—-

"So Ms. Pauling, you think this would be a good place to-" in the midst of yet another date proposal, Scout slammed into stair railing full-force. It was difficult to keep up with the girls, seeing that he wasn't terribly concerned for Spy; He was a clever guy, whatever he had gotten himself into he could certainly get out of without their help.

Yet, here he was.

"Did you say he went this way or that way?" it became clearer by the second that Ms. Pauling just wasn't very good with children. Shocker, right? She didn't know how to handle Scout's kid getting all upset about "Casimir being lost" and how she "didn't say goodbye." There were more important things to focus on than final goodbyes, because rest assured once this night was over, Mann Co. was going to crack down on their children policies. In her heart, she knew she didn't mean to be so rude, but the pressure was on and if they didn't find Spy, someone else would.

"Ms. Pauling, I think you're being too harsh with her..."

"She understands the severity of the situation, I'm sure. You think I like being this on edge?"

"All I'm sayin' is-... where did she go?"

The two froze. She must've kept walking after they stopped to bicker.

"Shit. MELISSA! MEL!" They searched the stores and the terminals they could access, but to no avail, "Scout, you go left, I'll stay right." and Ms. Pauling took off.

"Ok, ok. MELISS-" Scout slammed forward into another obstacle.

But not just any obstacle.

"... you... what are you doing here..."