Chapter 1

*Allison's POV*

I tossed and turned, trying to fight back the nightmare as it started to envelop me. I tried to fight back my fear as the familiar figures advanced toward me. "Worthless." "Mistake" "Waste of space" the figures shouted at me as the hit and kicked me.

I took a pain-filled breath as I tried to crawl away. I heard the tell-tale sound of a pocket knife opening, and I screamed, tears pouring down my face. I knew this was it. Suddenly instead of feeling the knife, or hearing the shouted insults I felt someone shaking my shoulders, and a much less harsh voice calling out to me, sounding panicked.

"Ali!! Ali wake up! It's just a dream!" I shot up, to find that I was not trapped with my 2 living nightmares, but I was in the embrace of my honorary older sister/best friend/ role model.

I finally looked up with teary eyes to find Christina pulling me even closer to her, since we always shared her single bed when I slept over, which was a lot. To be honest their house is one of the only places I ever felt truly safe.

"Shh it's okay baby girl." He whispered to me, sitting up and holding out her arms so I could crawl into them as I cried, my body shaking. I jumped a bit when I felt another pair of arms embrace me. I lifted my head out of the crook of Christina's neck to see that it was Katherine. She smiled sadly at me as I tried to top crying. I heard Amy crawl down from her bunk, and the door opened to reveal a concerned Lauren, Lisa and Dani, a leopard print blanket covering Lisa's shoulders.

As much as I tried to stop shaking and crying, I couldn't. I saw Christina give the others a look, and soon they started to softly sing one of my favorite songs, soothing me quickly as their voices rose and fell softly.

Hello there,

By the corner,

As I pass you by for the last time,

Tell me do I look familiar,

Cos to me I can see that I've seen you before.

Hello there,

Do my shoes on the pavement,

Seem in place where they are,

Cause I used to be falling apart,

But now I'm back to the .

It took me so long to realise,

It took me so long to see,

There's so much more out there,

A new harmony to my melody,

And the song goes on in my ,

And the song goes on in my head.

Hello there,

Could you spare me a ,

As a of fact, throw your clock out the ,

And give me all your time,

Make you mine.

It took me so long to realise,

It took me so long to see,

There's so much more out there,

A new harmony to my melody,

And the song goes on in my head,