fourteen

M O O N

I stand at the corner of the busy street, rain stabbing at my naked arms. The wind whips in every which direction and my knees are weak. It's just like the first day. The same bitter cold plagues my frail figure and my hair is plastered to my forehead. The cold finds its way to my frail bones, seeping its way deep into my soul. Its almost comical. Then the memories flood back to me; all of them related to him. His ocean eyes, his radiant smile. His warm touch and his passionate kiss. Everything about him. Salty tears brim in my eyes and the corners of my vision go black.

Not again. Not now.

So I blink a countless number of times, my vision eventually making a full recovery. Tired of feeling dead, I labor on, walking against the howling wind. Soon enough I'm sopping wet, my clothes waterlogged and my shoes uncomfortably squishy. I stop at a bus stop, rushing to get away from the horrid rain. The scenario is all too familiar, and the thought makes me want to vomit. Nevertheless, I swallow my bile and squint against the wind and rain. Eventually my arms go numb from the cold, and I spend what seems to be an eternity under the bus stop safe haven.

After a while the rain calms, and I open my eyes fully. My vision is mildly blurred from tiny water droplets that cling to my eyelashes. I blink the little beads of rain away, getting water in my eye during the process. And for a second, just a tiny, blissful, second, I think I see him.

And all of my sorrows come pouring out.