Chapter Forty-Two

Rose stared out the window as rain poured down heavily into the empty streets. Few people were running into shelter trying to save themselves from the storm that was coming. It had been raining for a few days now.

Rose looked over at Axel from her sitting position on the bed next to the window. Axel was on her phone probably playing temple run again. He had never played it before until she showed him. Now, Axel couldn't go through a day without getting in daily dose of temple run.

"Are you still playing temple run?" Rose sighed, leaning her head against the wall behind her.

"I can't stop. Trust me I've tried." He said not looking up from her phone.

"Isn't there something more fun you could do? With me perhaps?" She asked.

"That's what she said..." He coughed under his breath while holding a hand to him before placing it back under her phone and tilted it to the side to collect coins.

Rose chuckled slightly then went back to looking out the window and Axel smiled. He always smiled when he made her laugh. Rose didn't think much of it though.

It has been two full weeks since Phil came back, since the tornado. Weather had still been pretty bad, small earthquakes here and there, small tornadoes, and most of all thunder storms. They happened about everyday now. But most the the Londoners have gotten used to it.

Axel is staying with Rose. It took Dan and Phil only a second to convince, surprising. They had agreed that they needed to owe him for taking care of their little girl for so long. Which Rose had responded that I'm not a little girl and blah blah blah.

Axel hadn't showed any anger or sadness over the loss of him home, nor he never went to go see if his father was alright so Rose never asked about it.

Rose didn't know why but she felt depressed, sad. She didn't know why but she felt a deep pain in her chest like someone slapped her heart around. Every smile or laugh was fake. Every sign of happiness is fake. Except for when she saw Axel. Her heart lit up and she actually laughed. A real laugh. But then again, She felt the same thing when she talked to Robert Slankard. But she didn't think much of it.

She often wondered where Mr.Slankard had gone. Had he gone out of town? Had he ignored her? Maybe he just couldn't find her? Maybe he died in all the chaos... Rose shook the thought out of her head immediately, she couldn't imagine him being torn apart by a tornado. The last time she saw him, he touched her thigh. It felt weird. It felt wrong. But then again it felt comforting and nice, like he cared for her and-

"AH FUCK!!!" Axel yelled from across the room, instantly snapping Rose from her train of thought. Her head swerved over to him, her short hair bobbing with the movement of her head. She had assumed he had lost his game.

"Let me guess you died?" She asked with a cocky grin on her lips.

"God dammit..." He muttered under his breath as he threw her phone into a pillow and put his hand on his face, slowly massaging his eyes.

"I'm guessing that's a yes." She chuckled before turning to the window again.

"It's all your fault." He growled under his breath, she could barley understand him.

"Excuse you?" She asked in sudden interest, her head snapped over to him.

"It's all your fault Rosy!" He yelled. That's when she knew he was kidding. He only called her Rosy when he was joking around.

When Axel's hands dropped from his face he had a smirk on his perfect lips. In a split second, he jumped up and ran to her. Forcing her to lay down on her bed gently, his lips collided with hers. His hands firmly on other sides of her, propping himself up.

As they pulled away, Rose opened her eyes and grinned mischievously, "You cocky son of a bitch." She cooed as she stared into his perfect grey-blue eyes. "You selfish little fucker." He whispered, staring into her eyes like they were the most important thing in the world.

And they lay there. Staring at each other, in perfect, peaceful silence, listening to the rain thunder against the ground.

•••

Rose awoke in Axel's arms. The bright sun shone into her room and into her eyes. She squinted then opened them once they were used to the light. Slowly, she arose from her laying position and stretched her limbs out while shaking Axel's arms off.

He grunted slightly before closing his eyes again and rolling over. Rose rolled her eyes playfully before jumping out of her bed and walking across her room. She followed the hallway and then down to the kitchen where Dan and Phil were already eating cereal while staring at their laptop screens. An episode of Attack on Titan was playing. One that she's already seen thank god.

"Morning." She grumbled and she scratched her messy morning bed head.

"Morning Rosy cheeks!" Phil chirped as he scrolled down through Twitter. Dan was on Tumblr, again, and mumbled a 'morning' under his breath with a big mouthful of Lucky Charms in his mouth. When a marshmallow fell from his mouth and onto his chest he muttered, "Dammit." Before trying to pick it up with his mouth and not with his hands. She chuckled slightly at the sight.

As she made her way across the kitchen to the milk sitting on the counter, she picked up a bowl and spoon from the dishwasher. Setting the utensils on the table, she went back to grab some Blueberry Mini Wheats, then went to go sit down again. Dan and Phil were arguing about what anime to watch next when she heard a knock on the door. "I'll get it!" She yelled back to them as she walked over to the door.

"Good, wasn't going to anyway." Dan muttered which died down the annoying argument.

She turned the doorknob and opened the door all the way. Standing in front of her was a fairly tall young man dressed in all black. He wore a simple black tee with a black leather jacket over it. Followed up by tight black skinny jeans and black vans. He had one necklace around his neck and a few bracelets on his thin wrists. He had a perfect skin tone that went perfectly with his messy white hair and it's black roots. And his eyes sparkled like a diamond. They were a perfect light blue that made her blue eyes look dull.

"Hello." He cooed in a smooth voice.

"Hi..." She muttered awkwardly as she stared at his perfect face, "C-Can I help you?" She asked.

"Oh! Yes... My name is Dalton and I'm looking for Axel Stone. Have you seen him?" Dalton asked.

Rose knitted her eyebrows together curiously before giving him a small nod. She turned around into the apartment and yelled out for Axel to come here.

A few seconds later, Axel jogged out of her room and up to the door. He glanced at Rose not looking at who was at the door, "Who is--" he started but cut himself short. His eyes lay upon Dalton. Complete shock swept across his face.

"D-Dalton?" He asked in a shaky voice as if he couldn't believe it.

"Hello brother." Dalton cooed, a small sly smirk slid onto his lips.

•••