Changes

"How long are you here Edd?" Kevin asked, dunking the dishes in water.
"Um, about that- Kevin I was thinking about staying."
"You mean you're quitting?!" Kevin asked, shocked at what he was hearing.
"I mean I am not making any money because I do not have a job, this school is training me for something I do not want to do, and I do not like being away from you." Edd was talking in a tone that made him seem frightened. Kevin grabbed his hand, "look at me you dork," he began saying. "I support whatever you want to do, I'd be lying if I said I didn't miss ya- and your communication skills are really crap, and I want you to be doing what you love but, are you sure about this?" Kevin hugged Edd and smiled," what is it you want to do?" He asked sincerely.
"Well... I think I want to be a pediatrician. "
"A what?" Edd laughed and pulled away.
" I know I what I want and I'm going to stay here and get my GED first as a fall back- but I don't want to live with my-"
"Wanna move in?!" Kevin asked excitedly. Edd was happy he wouldn't have to burden him, but that he wanted him to stay.
Edd gave Kevin a kiss on the neck and nodded 'yes.'

The boys did the dishes and everything was peaceful. Edd would do the washing and pass the dish to Kevin who would then dry and put it away. Edd thought about how he could live like this forever. "I need a job." Edd said when the dishes were almost done.
"Do you know of any places that are hiring?" Edd knew that his parents would not approve, but it was time for him to do something for himself. Kevin grabbed the wet dish and said, " actually the bike shop I work at needs some help, we can hire you until you find another job."
"Are you sure that's okay?"
"Positive."

When the dishes were done the two walked to the living room and sat with the white noise of the television in the background. Kevin grabbed Edd's hand, placed  his head on his shoulder, and looked up at Edd. Kevin took and deep breath and asked, " we're still like- together right?" Edd smiled and nodded his head 'yes.' A grin grew over Kevin's face and he kissed Edd's neck. Edd's smile grew wider, as he began laughing. "You really did not change at all,Kevin." Edd said getting up from the couch and onto the floor.