The Curtis

I was not able to breath. Th grip was choking me.

Mrs.Curtis let out a hideous laughter.

'Poor girl, now you will die.'

Then she let out a loud,bloodcurdling scream and loosened the grip.

I collapsed into my bed taking a deep breath. I saw Suzanne floating over me.

'Jason has to pay.BRAT! The only way of hurting him to kill you,' she whispered.

She stretched out her cold, dead arms...... curled and uncurled her bony, dead fingers. Her hair was flying behind her. Her eyes were blood red and her lips curled into a wicked smile.

I shuddered and clutched the sheets tightly. I felt totally tense. Mrs.Curtis and her husband were glaring at me.

Every muscle in my body had a knot in it. I was too weak to scream. Sweat rolled down my forehead into my eyes.

'No one can save you,' cried Williams, looking at the rosary lying near the window.

'NOOO!,' I cried. 'Leave me,please.'

The family roared with laughter. I was forced to cover my ears.

'Sorry, your wish can not be fulfilled,' said Mr.Curtis in a ghostly voice.

His words made my hair stand on the end. I screamed till i choked. I made a run for the rosary. Suzanne was fast.

I slammed hard against the floor. I was unable to move. She had me pinned against the concrete. I struggled to break free but she had me trapped. The rest of the family made a circle around me.

'Fine. We will leave the house... within..three days. I promise,' I blurted out.

Suzanne studied my face.

'Leave tomorrow,' said Mrs.Curtis coldly.

'Please,' I begged.

'Finish her off,' screamed Williams.

'Wait Sue. Okay , if you don't leave the house within three days, a member of your family will die. On the next day, your family will be erased,' said Mr.Curtis smiling bitterly.

'Fine....okay,' I whispered.

'I didn't finish. It's sad that 'you' will have to die now,' he said stressing on you.

I noticed the sharp knife in Suzanne's hand. It had appeared out of nowhere.

'If you kill me, h-how can I a-ask my family...t-to leave the house?,' I asked.

'That's their problem,' said Suzanne.

She brought the knife closer to my throat....closer....closer.....closer!

My teeth began to chatter.

'PLEASE,DON'T,' I wailed.

I lay there helplessly. I tried to keep them busy--talking.

'You were playing with my mind right? It was you who made me think that I broke up with Jason and....'

'Oh yeah. We enjoyed giving you pain,' squealed Williams.

'W-why are you not letting us stay here?'

I mustn't have asked that. Suzanne's anger boiled over and her knife was only a few centimeters away from me.

'Suzanne, I know that you are good--very good. I-I have seen your p-photos,' I said wriggling cautiously towards the rosary.

She made a puppy face. I felt confident and crawled closer to the rosary. I jumped when i saw her eyes burn like hot coals and she said-'Never judge a book by it's cover.'