Farouk

'Farouk?,' i asked surprised.

'Yeah, Farouk,' said Dr.Dick surprised. 'Do you know him? He has been admitted in this hospital for nearly seven years. He is fully paralysed from left.' 

He was looking at me curiously. I was not aware what to say.

'I think so,' i replied.

'Holy christ! We were not able to find any of his friends or family. Who is Farouk to you?'

'Er_my uncle,' I lied. 'i'm not sure whether it's him or not.'

'Don't worry. You come and have a look at him.'

'How did he come here?'

'He was found lying unconscious near the Lovely villa,' said Dr.Dick leading the way.

I stopped dead.

Dr.Dick turned back. 'What's the matter?'

'Nothing,' I replied and paced along with him to Farouk's room.

'We tried asking him-how he reached there and where he belonged to? It was useless. His body starts making crazy movements whenever we bombard him with such questions. So we thought it was better to keep him in the hospital until someone came to pick him up. Now, seven years has passed.'

I nodded.

'Room 306. This is the room,' said Dr.Dick opening the door. 'Go in and have a look at him. I've to visit another patient. Remember, don't ask or say anything that fears him.'

I nodded and stepped inside the room, closing the door after me. The man was as round as globe, taking up half the room.Drool dripped from his mouth making a sickening puddle of thick saliva on his shirt. He hadn't shaved for years and the smell of his sweat was enough to make the people in the next room faint.

A row of tiny LED lights scaled th IV dispenser like a glow-in-the-dark centipede. Dull red lights on the beside monitor registered his pulse. A tube ran to his left arm, carrying all the essential vitamins needed.

'Farouk,' i called.

His eyes got fixed on me.

'Er.. I know you but you don't know me,' I said stupidly.

'I'm Katherine Williams,' i said sitting on the stool beside the bed.

'Why are you here?,' he asked with difficulty.

'I wanted to know if you were a scientist earlier?'

He studied my face, shifting his weight to the left .

'Yes.'

I was astonished. I was sure that i had found the right Farouk!

'Farouk, i need to know what happened at Lovely Villa before seven years?'

He was taken aback. 'How do you know about Lovely Villa?'

'I live there now. I found a diary which was quite interesting,' I told him truthfully.

'Can i trust you?'

'YES!'

He stayed silent for a minute as if recollecting all the old memories and began:

'When the mansion was built, I and my co-assistant had rented it for one and a half year. we were working on an experiment which required huge space. I felt that the mansion was perfect. But the experiments that we  were carrying out was illegal! But once successful, it would be a great help for the country. The villa belonged to CURTIS.'