Spellbound

"OHMYGOD!!! I-I..." I stammered.

I dropped my sword. The adrenaline stopped flowing, the pain slowly subsided, my confidence was going back down to a minimum and my sword and amulet stopped glowing.

I knelt to the ground. Instant regret. I didn't know what happened to me! How did I lose my control... Slowly losing all love and confidence.

What was wrong with me?!

"Heather, I... You should take a break. Don't touch that sword." Pepper told me stroking my hair.

She knelt down beside me and gave me a hug. I cried still.

"Wh-what was wrong... W-w-wi-with me?!..." I sobbed loudly.

"Shhhh... Don't worry OK? It was seriously scary for a minute." She told me.

"Re-r-really?... Wh-what... D-did I do?..." I asked her. Sniffling now. Trying my best not to cry at all. The fear had consumed me. Fear of death.

"Your right and left eyes both grew white and when you were about to hit Scipes with the rainbow blast, you're eyes grew in rainbows too." She said.

"I was amazed when they first glowed... But now?... I'm terrified to think of what you could do with that kind of power..." She said.

"I-im... So sorry... I don't... K-know... What even happened..." I said.

Scipes finally got up.

"WERE YOU TRYING TO @#$%ING KILL ME?! YOU LITTLE &%#@$!!! YOU SHOULD BE THANKFUL SEEIBG AS IM STILL ALIVE!!!" She went on.

It was kind of scary to see her rant like that. Then, she finally quietened down.

"Look, I don't know what happened k? Why I had so much adrenaline, I have glowing eyes, and why my sword and amulet glow at the same time!!! Ok?! So stop swearing!!!" I shouted at her.

"At the same time?" Scipes asked.

"Yes. They do."

***

"Why didn't she just kill her when she had the chance?!"

The stranger slammed his hands on the floor. Watching Heather's every move.

Following, watching, waiting...

Waiting for her to actually give love and friendship to someone.

"You'd think she'd be thankful I introduced her to this place before that cursed white woman appeared." (Not being racist guys ok? I know some of you have those mind sets.)

The gentle breezes blew small clouds of dust and echoed throughout the empty hallway.

He held out his amulet in his neck and popped the back. A picture of him and a girl that both looked age 10 were smiling. He clutched it tightly in tears of rage. "Someday... We will be together again... Someday..."

***

I flipped through the leather book I had in my bag and found info on my amulet.

It has the power to be controlled or control. An unlimited power source...

Seems like I've had my luck here... The book has info... Where did I get this even?...

Welp. Only time may tell.

"You know why you went on an outburst like that yet?" Pepper asked cooking up something on Scipes stove.

The aroma of noodles pricked my nostrils. They smelled pretty good.