Chance

The pain was undeniable. I could feel the healing but it came with a price.

Pain.

Loads of pain.

And pain is what I live for.

Go die in a spirit hole.

Gah! I tried to resist the urge to scream louder. I pursed my lips shut. But then I gritted my teeth.

A little more... I could feel the flesh growing back. Then, Pepper slapped my hand away.

The pain stopped. I gasped for my breath.

"What was that for?! I was almost done!" I told her.

"You were out of focus. I know it's a painful procedure seeing as I've done it. It's almost fully healed. I'll do it now." She laid a hand on the amost healed gnash.

This time, the healing was somewhat soothing. Then, it fully recovered.

"How come you're so calm?" I asked her rubbing my cheek where the scar has vanished.

"Never let emotions and thoughts get in the way of healing. Like that plant. You probably didn't think of anything aside from the plant." She tittered. "You were probably overconfident."

"I guess I was..."

"That can't be it alone though. You believe you can heal yourself. Its a start. But... Whats bothering you?"

"Sam."

She looked at me speechlessly. She might have known.

"So... What do you mean?" She asked. "He... Broke up with you?"

"Sorta. He doesn't even like talking to me anymore. In the lab? He didn't want to even approach me."

"Maybe he's upset."

"Wait a min- are you guys stalking me or something?" I asked. "Why are you even here?!"

"Oh that? Cyber sends her regards and apologies. Or, that's what Lacer told me." She gave me 99 silver coins and a coupon that had the code ripped out meaning it was used.

The coupon was for the hotel anniversary that lasted from 10:30 - 9:00 sharp.

"For me?"

"Mhhm. She says that she was... Kinda sorry or something and this is her chosen little sorry gift." She showed me two more coupons. "And, she gave these to us. Lacer is her creator so he got some VIP privileges."

She snickered for some reason.

"What's that face for?"

"And I have to stick you in a dress!!!" Then she started laughing out loud.

"What?!"

"It's a requirement!!!"

"Can't I say no Pep??!!!"

"Le nope. (Oh yes I did.) You've been signed in."

I grunted and covered my head with a pillow.

"Can't I leave or something?" I said. My voice muffled under the pillow.

"Come on. Don't you want to get back with Sam?"

I froze. Did. I. Want. To?...

Say no you dimwit. All you'll get is more heartbreak. Do you actually want that?

The voice laughed.

I gulped. Yes. Yes I did.

This is my last and only chance and I may never find anyone in the world like Sam I couldn't let go of this last chance I had.