California

Alright so I know the book says rated R, but it's not. The worst thing in this story is bad language. I can't change it back to PG-13 so I guess it's suppose to be R, but whatever. Enjoy.

Laila's POV

I zipped up my suitcase that was filled with all of my belongings. Today's the day that I get to move from my small New York apartment to my best friend Addison's California mansion. I'm so lucky to have a friend like her, she's been with me through thick and thin. Now being a thick moment in my life, I have absolutely no money what so ever. And I'm not exaggerating, well maybe a little. I have like 50 bucks but that's about it. Addison got me a job in this big business that pays a crap load of money, all I have to do is get my boss stuff and tell him/her when they have a meeting. Sounds easy enough and when I have enough money to pay the overdue rent for my apartment I'll move back to New York. Oh and better yet Addison said she'll move back with me! I'm so excited! Shit my plane leaves in an hour.

I boarded the plane about 55 minutes later. I had trouble in the security line, apparently they thought I was trying to smuggle drugs, which I wasn't. Thank god they only kept me for 20 minutes or else I would have missed my flight. I looked over to my right outside of the window to see people loading up the plane with everyones suitcases, oh I think I see my purple cheetah print one. I felt a vibration in my pocket and took out my phone.

"Hello?"

"Laila, where are you?" Addison asked through the phone.

"I just boarded the plane." I answered back popping a piece of gum in my mouth.

"Ok, so what time is your plane landing?"

"Well right now is 12pm so about 5:39 around that time." An old man stood next to me putting one of his carry-on bags in the over head cabinets and then sat next to me.

"Ok I'll pick you up." she said making me turn away from the little old man.

"Well duh, who else would pick me up." I then felt a light tap on my shoulder, I looked to my left to see the old man staring at me.

"Who are you talking to?" he asked in his little old man voice. Wow talk about nosy.

"Addison I have to go the plane's leaving in 3 minutes, I'll call you when I land." I then hung up the phone and looked back over to the old man.

"Um my friend." I said kind of creeped out.

"Oh that's nice, well my name is Gregory." he said with a smile.

"My name is Laila." I said smiling back.

"That's a beautiful name, it's nice to meet you Laila."

_________________________

3 hours later

"What do you mean prunes are better, they're absolutely disgusting." I said.

"Prunes are disgusting? No little girl, grapes are disgusting." Gregory whisper/yelled at me.

"You only like prunes cause you're old." I said rudely.

"And you only like grapes because you're young." he said back crossing is pale wrinkly arms. We've been going at this for about an hour, arguing about if prunes or grapes were better. At first we were just talking about our hobbies and what not, that lasted for a good 2 hours. Then the flight attendant came with drinks and fruit, so Gregory here said that prunes were better. I just told him that I like grapes more, then he started arguing with me about 'what's so good about grapes.' I mean who argues about that? I can't believe I thought be was adorable, he's just a big sack of nothing. Like seriously I bet if he walked outside on a windy day he would fly away into dust. For the rest of the plane ride I just listened to music so I could avoid anymore arguments. A couple hours later the plane landed at 5:42. I called Addison and she said she was outside waiting for me. I quickly got my 2 huge suitcases from baggage claim and I was heading out of the airport doors. The hot California air hit me like a train. Damn how do people survive here? Next thing I know I hear a faint voice calling my name, I look to see in the far distance Addison running towards me in a cowgirl outfit. You see Addison is an event planner, so sometimes the people she's planning for invite her to stay for a while. But I don't see the reason why she had to pick me up with that on.