Chapter 14

Its been a few days since we were out of the playoffs. Even though we lost the ALCS, the series went a lot better than I thought it would. Now that we know what the playoffs are like, we will definitely be more prepared for next year.

Yeah we were all disappointed in the outcome and we were so close too but I was still proud of how well the guys did.

Everyone was called in to clean out their lockers. Probably one of the saddest days I've ever experienced.

"Can you guys gather everyone here? I want to say a few things."

I gave them a few minutes before I proceeded.

"I know everyone is going home in the couple of days and I would really love if we all get together one last time as a team and have a dinner before anyone leave." All the guys nodded in agreement. "You guys are more than welcome to come too." I said to the staff as they usually never join us. This time they all agreed to come.

"Okay so I guess everyone is coming. I'll text everyone where and when later." I paused for a minute. "I'm seriously so proud of you guys." I said. They all kind of smiled at me as they continued packing all their things.

I walked to the dining room to sit as I waited for Marcus and Aaron.

"Hey." Someone said, sitting down next to me.

I looked up and of course it was Aaron.

"Hey." I smiled at him.

"The season is done and now we have a lot of time to hang out." That caught me by surprise, I didn't expect to see it coming so soon.

"I would love to Aaron." I said and hugged him. He smiled at me and walked back to the dressing room.

Waiting for that was a long awkward process, but I'm happy it happened because it felt good. It felt different.

"You ready?"

Marcus said popping his head into the room. I nodded and got up, grabbing my bags that were sitting by the door.

The three of us carried all out bags back to the condo, luckily we lived at the condos by the Rogers Centre because our bags were all pretty heavy.

Aaron was on the phone, in front of us. So I decided to tell Marcus.

"He finally asked."

"No way, really?!"

"Yeah."

"See Ali, things will always work out for the best in the end."

"I feel good about it."

"That's good. I'm happy for you."

"I'm still weirded out that you're not mad about this."

"Why would I be mad?"

"Because two of your best friends."

"Ali, like I said, love is love."

I kept readjusting my bag the whole walk back.

"Let me carry it." Marcus offered once he noticed I was struggling.

"No I'm fine."

"Don't say I didn't ask." He said.

Once we got back to the condo I just dropped the bags on the floor and laid down on the couch.

"Can we never do that again."

"Hey, I asked if you wanted help."

Aaron and Marcus dragged our bags into our rooms as I made some lunch for us.