T W O

Kelsey's POV

The bruises were bad but nothing that I couldn't cover up.

I stared at my reflection in the mirror as I looked at the cuts and bruises on my face from yesterday.

There was a purple bruise on my jaw and another green one by my eye. If I lifted up my top, a black bruise covered almost half of my stomach and on my leg, another bruise was just starting to form.

I reached forward to grab my makeup bag, pulling out a concealer and foundation to cover up the bruises on my face.

By the time I was finished, the bruises were no longer visible unless you were looking really closely. I'd been doing this for so long now that it had almost become a second nature to me.

I squeezed my eyes tightly shut before opening them again and plastering a smile on my face. If anyone asks - I'm fine.

I'm always fine.

-

When I got to school, I met with Sofia at my locker as usual. I was changing over my books as she came up behind me.

"Hey," She said.

I looked over my shoulder before taking out another book from my bag. "Hey," I replied.

"So I heard that you're sitting next to Ethan." She told me.

I scrunched up my face in confusion. "What? Who's Ethan?" I asked. I don't think I even knew anybody called Ethan.

Sofia raised an eyebrow at me. "Ethan? Hot new guy?" She said, shaking her head in disbelief.

Oh. The asshole.

"You seriously didn't know his name?" She asked and I shook my head.

"Unlike you," I started, shutting my locker. "I'm not a stalker," I joke, leaning back against the lockers. I flinch as the pain in my leg flares up once again, shuffling a little to take off some of the weight.

Thankfully, Sofia didn't seem to notice. "I am not a stalker - you have just been living under a rock. He's the only person everyone's been talking about!" She said matter of factually and I let out a small laugh in response. I don't know anyone else who can find so much information about a person in just 10 minutes.

"You're such a lucky bitch!" She suddenly said, hitting me playfully on the arm. "You get to sit next to him." She pouted. "It's not fair!"

I rolled my eyes. "I'd happily trade places with you - he's an asshole." I scoffed.

"I'm bet he's not. From what I've heard he doesn't even talk to anyone - just sits at the back of the class on his phone." She told me and I shrugged. I couldn't argue with that.

"Yeah, I guess he does, but he's still an asshole."

Before Sofia had a chance to reply, she was cut off by the bell ringing to signal the start of lessons.

"What do you have now?" She asked.

I thought for a moment. "Biology."

Great. Another hour with the asshole.

"I guess I'll see you later then," she waved as she walked off down the corridor in the opposite direction. I pushed myself off of the lockers, wincing a little as I did before walking down the hall towards biology.

I pushed open the door, seeing that most of the class were already inside before taking my seat at the back. Ethan was already sitting down, looking at something on his phone.