S E V E N

Cover by baileyslut

Kelsey's POV

For the first time in what seemed like forever, I had actually had a good nights sleep. The sun shone in through a gap in the curtains as I rolled over in bed to check the time on my phone.

6:30.

I groaned, swinging my legs over the side of the bed and trudging towards the bathroom. I quickly undressed, hopping into the shower.

The warm water trickled down my face and for a moment I just stood there, relaxed. For the first time in years, I felt safe.

After I'd finished in the shower, I got out and wrapped a towel around my body, noticing the blackish bruises that were still visible across my back in the mirror as I turned around to leave. I brushed my wet hair out of my face with my fingers as I unlocked the bathroom door and walked out into my bedroom.

As soon as I opened the door, I screamed, jumping backwards.

Logan was lying on my bed, staring up at the ceiling with his arms behind his head. As soon as he heard me scream, his head shot in my direction and his eyes widened.

I pulled my towel higher up my body, trying and probably failing to hide my cleavage.

"What the hell are you doing here?" I almost shouted as I felt my face flush a deep shade of red.

"Uh, I, uh," he stuttered, his eyes clearly only focusing on my chest.

Embarrassment suddenly washed over me as the room filled with an awkward silence. I cleared my throat and Logan's eyes immediately shot up to meet my own once again.

"Sorry, I-" Logan stopped himself mid-sentence, turning around and thankfully facing the wall so that he could no longer see me.

Just as he did, my bedroom door was thrown open and 4 men with guns stormed into the room, immediately pointing their guns towards Logan. At the front of the group, was Ethan.

Logan instantly spun around to face them and I saw his eyes noticeably widen in shock as he gulped.

Shit. They must have heard me scream.

"What the fuck is going on?" Ethan shouted, nudging his gun forwards into Logan's chest. He turned to scan the room and his eyes suddenly landed on me, fully naked, if it wasn't for the skimpy towel that ended just below my butt.

If it was possible, I felt my face heat up even more. I gulped before shooting Ethan an awkward half-smile. "Sorry - complete misunderstanding." I managed to choke out.

Ethan slowly lowered his gun from where it was pointed at Logan and the 3 others behind him followed in sync. That was when I noticed that all 5 of the men in the room, including Ethan, were looking me up and down as we all fell into an awkward silence once more.

Suddenly one of the men behind Ethan let out a low wolf-whistle and I immediately averted my eyes to the ground in embarrassment, letting my hair fall over my face to hide the fact that I could probably be mistaken for a tomato right now.

"Shut the fuck up." I heard Ethan snap angrily, looking up just in time to see him lift his arm and slam his elbow backwards into the man's face. As soon as Ethan pulled his arm back, I could see blood trickling out of the mans nose and smeared across his face already. He quickly lifted his hand up to cup his nose and tilted his head backwards to try and slow the bleeding.

"Apologise." Ethan demanded angrily.

I widened my eyes in shock at what I had witnessed, shaking my head. "No, it's fine, I-" I started but I was cut off by the man speaking.