S I X

Cover by baileyslut

Kelsey's POV

After about 10 minutes on the back of Ethan's bike, I began to recognise the roads that we were driving along. This was the route that I took to school everyday.

A few moments later the bike came to a stop, I turned my head before instantly freezing. In front of me was my house. Howard's house.

"Ethan, we're meant to be getting away from here." I reminded him, keeping my voice as steady as possible.

He nodded his head, silently telling me to get off of the bike before he did the same after me. "Yeah, I just thought you would want to pick up some stuff first." He said.

I gulped as he began walking towards the door of my house, following after to stop him. Before he could knock on the door, I grabbed his arm, stopping him in his tracks.

"What are you doing? He'll hurt you!" I whispered, so as not to alert Howard that we were outside.

Ethan scoffed. "He won't touch me and if he does he'll be the one that ends up hurt." He told me, shaking off my hand and walking up to the front door, knocking before I could stop him.

I huffed before slowly following and waiting behind him. After a few moments the door opened, Howard looked at Ethan before his eyes fell on me and a scowl instantly crossed his face.

"Has she been bothering you? Stupid bitch." He said to Ethan, grabbing my wrist and pulling me into the house. "Sorry about that - I'll sort her out." He added, anger directed towards me. He was about to swing the door shut when Ethan stuck his foot in front, stopping Howard from closing it.

"Let go of her." Ethan spat, his eyes darkening and his jaw immediately tensing with anger. I could tell he was trying to hold himself back from lunging at Howard.

"Oh," Howard instantly dropped my arm, sounding scared as Ethan pulled me to stand behind him once again.

"Kelsey's not staying here anymore. She's coming in to get her stuff and she's leaving." Ethan stepped inside the house, coming closer towards Howard's face.

Ethan's eyes flickered over Howard before a look of disgust crossed his features. "If you ever come looking for her, touch her, speak to her, if you even so much as say one word about her to anyone." Ethan paused for a moment before continuing. "I will kill you."

From where I was stood behind him, I widened my eyes in shock. Ethan suddenly turned to me, "Kelsey go upstairs and get your things." He told me and I nodded my head, rushing upstairs.

As soon as I was in my room, I reached under my bed and grabbed a gym bag before filling it up to the brim with things - a few pairs of pyjamas, some clothes, shoes, makeup, toileteries and a framed picture of my real dad and I. The only picture I had.

I looked around my room one more time, taking in everything. This was possibly the last time I would ever step foot in here and I can't say that I wasn't glad. I had had so many memories in this room, however, more of them bad than good.

After scanning the room once more, I zipped up my bag before swinging it over my shoulder and rushing down the stairs. Howard and Ethan were still having a stand off by the door, except now, Howard had his back pressed against the wall, a scared expression plastered on his face as Ethan stood glaring at him from a few feet away.