14

It's hard to lose someone you love but it's harder watching them not even noticing you.

The weekend went by faster then I wanted it to but I was prepared for it.

I woke up and felt happy like this weight was lifted off of me and placed in those boxes. I actually took the time to get ready nicely not just T shirt and pants.

I got my keys and drove to school my parents didn't work today so they slept in.

I walked in confident, being a cheerleader does not make you popular I mean it could but that's unless you wanted it. I would hang out with the girls on the team and even some of the guys. I started talking to JJ more and we got closer.. I know he was jacks friend too but I mean just because we aren't really on any type of terms means I can't talk to our friends.

"Yo Jill party at my house on Friday!"JJ yelled from across the hallway.

I smiled and nodded winter break was starting Friday.

I look to my left and saw Jack he looked up at me and smiled I return the smile. His smile faded when he looked inside my locker. I quickly closed it and started walking to class. He didn't follow he went another way, even though we have the same class together.

I got to class mr. Lenin was already talking about a project.

The bell rang and everyone sat down Jack walked in and came and sat next to me,his original seat.

"Ok class today I'm assigning a project for all you."he smiled "it will be due when we come back on break."no one wanted homework on break.

"You will be working with your partner next to you."I looked at Jack his focus on the teacher. "Both of you and your partner will have to write a 2-5 page essay, you will also create some type of product an invention or make something already invented better."

I really didn't know how this was going to work out but I was hoping it just would.

"We can meet at my house if you want?"Jack looked at me but I was nervous to run into Jenna or even worse his family I really loved his family I basically  grew up with them.

"What if we video chat or face time because I have competition practice?"I knew he knew I felt weird.

"Yeah that's fine."he smiled.

"Ok then I'll just text you when to start or something."I smiled back.

I decided to go for lunch out of school and I drove to Jack in the box. I ordered and sat down and ate. I could here people walking in and I turned and it was actually JJ, skate and two other guys I didn't really know.

I heard skate whisper "hey man isn't that Jillian?"

I sat up fully in my seat and then JJ came over and sat in front of me."what are you doing her Jill..alone?"he asked.

"I was tired of school lunch."i shrugged

Then his whole group came and sat down." Hey Jill."skate smiled I smiled back.

"Hey."I waved to all of them.

"You don't mind if we sit here right?"JJ asked.