Chapter 8

Shawn's POV

I left early in the morning, leaving a note for Nash. I get a uber and get to the airport for my flight. "Flight 103 to New York City now boarding First Class, Business people and people with disabilities." A lady says over the intercom, 'I'm next' I think to myself. I'm going to New York City.

"Flight 103 to New York City now boarding Economy Class." The lady says over the intercom, I grab my backpack and sling it over my shoulder. Once I get up to the lady, I hand her my passport. Goodbye North Carolina. Hello New York City. I sat next to a random lady and what I'm guessing is her son. Luckily I am sitting in the seat closest to the aisle so I don't have to wait to leave my seat. The ride is fairly quick and quiet. Finally, we landed in NY.

"Hey Matt, thanks for getting me." I say to Matthew. "No problem man, just don't bring too many chicks to the Espinosa home, only I can do that." he says causing us to both laugh. "What made you decide to come to New York anyway?" he asks me a bit confused. "I just wanted to come see the big city for myself, and I wanted to get away from the lame, old North Carolina." I still can't believe Char did what she did. That truly is the actual reason as to why I came to New York. Seeing her with, with a guy who isn't me is something that should never exist. She was my girl even if we weren't officially dating. She made me feel like I was in heaven every time our lips touched. She made me feel alive every time we made eye contact or every time she stroked her fingers through my hair. 'Her smile could light up my world but now, I'm not so sure.' I thought to myself. I felt my eyes start to water and held back the tears. "Are you alright man?" Matthew asks tilting his head to get a view of my face. "Yeah, yeah." I say rubbing my nose facing out the window. I couldn't help myself. I suddenly felt a single tear run down my cheek. 'Oh how I miss her already. I thought we had something.' I think to myself. Finally we reach Matt's house.

"Are you hungry?", Matt asks. We've been watching Ink Master since we got here which was about an hour ago. "Yeah actually.", I respond rubbing the back of my neck. "Is pizza fine?" he asks pulling his phone out of his pocket. I nod. Charlotte is still on my mind but not as much as when I was on the flight. My senses are telling me that she must not really care about us since she made out with a random guy. I just know for a fact that she isn't aware of the damage she caused to me.

The pizza arrived fairly quick and we ate. "Okay well it's getting late, I should really get to my hotel." I say nervously. "Alright let me get my keys" Matt says heading for the door. "It should be on your left." I call out. I don't want him to accidently miss it since I'm already super tired. "Is this it?" he asks pointing at the sign. "That's it. Thanks man." I say as I get out. Checking in was a breeze since they gave me no problem at all. '256. 256. 256.' I repeat to myself. I reached my room which was easy considering it was almost right beside the elevators. The room was nice and clean. I walked to the back where the bed was and noticed the entire back wall was a window. The hotel had a perfect view of Times Square. I threw my bag down onto the floor and went to the bathroom. The sink was separate from where the toilet and shower were. Off goes my shirt and pants. I turn on the sink and quickly rinse my face. I walk back over to my bag and reach for a pair of shorts and head over to the bed. The white noise of the city and the coolness of the hotel bed gave me a comfortable feeling. It was about one in the morning when I finally shut my eyes.

"But, I lov-", I shout quickly sitting up. Charlotte. 'Can I really love her?' I ask myself. I felt a tear run down the side of my face. One. Two. Three. The tears didn't stop. They kept flowing like a waterfall. I couldn't help but wish I had Charlotte here to hold me and tell me everything would be okay. 'Shawn. Stop. You came to New York to forget about it.' I repeat to myself. I look over to the clock and notice it's about four in the morning. With tears still running down my face, I lay back down. When I close my eyes all I can see is Char's perfect smile and the way her face glows whenever she sees me. I can see the way she'd bite her lip after we'd pull away from a gentle kiss. I can't shake the thought of her which makes it extremely difficult to fall asleep so instead I decided to stare out at the city.