17

"Justin," Paula's voice cracked not so subtly. "Like I'm freaking because you gave me your number, but that fucking dog was my life." She said.

"Are you okay?" Justin asked. He blew out air and took a seat on a couch. Her voice was absolutely beautiful, but this obviously wasn't the time to complement her on such a thing.

"What kind of question is that? Of course I'm not," Paula sighed into the phone. "I didn't want to put her to sleep, but I knew it was the best thing to do. She was suffering so much."

Justin looked at the address he had written down. It was Paula's and he had wanted to send her something, but he didn't known if it was too soon.

"You did the right thing baby," he said. Her mood shifted to him and he frowned. "What was her name?"

"Daisy."

"Damn... I'm sorry Paula. It'll be okay." Justin said empathetically. "I'm so sorry but I have to go."

Paula nodded silently, still frowning.

"I'll call you back as soon as I can." Justin said before hanging up.

As soon as he hung up the phone Justin went online and bought a bouquet of daisies. Not feeling quite satisfied with his gift, he went a step further and bought a dog bone necklace and chose the engrave option. On the back he wrote Daisy with a heart and fast tracked the gift. Everything would arrive to Paula's house in a day's time.