Part Four

Legolas and I walked arm-in-arm. I'm not going to lie. Legolas had very sturdy, strong arms, but it felt forced and unnatural, as neither of us were too comfortable with each other. However, I hoped that I could learn to love him. Mainly, though it was selfish, I hoped that he could learn to love me.

We walked down an old-timey, cobblestone path past cute shops and homes. Legolas was stopped several times by several people. All of those people were curious about me. So many names were thrown at me and I knew I wouldn't remember most them.  I was highly flattered, though. "Who is this beautiful lady?" "Well, aren't you a doll." "It's wonderful to meet you, (Y/N)." Everyone was very kind. They made me feel welcome, which I greatly appreciated because of my new home.

What I was most charmed by surprised me. It wasn't the town. It wasn't the scenery. It wasn't any of the shops. It wasn't even the people. It was how well Legolas got along with all of the children. He bent down on one knee to speak with them. He carried them on his shoulders. He held their hands and tickled their sides. He braided their hair and showed them love. I wanted children more than anything. I could already tell that Legolas would be a wonderful father.

After a day of meeting people, our arms didn't feel so stiff anymore. I noticed Legolas's shoulders were less rigid. We weren't entirely comfortable with each other, but I had certainly begun to warm up to him.

Love? No.

Friendship? Probably.

That night, Legolas and I argued. It wasn't a fight. It was barely an argument. It was a small disagreement about who would be sleeping on the floor.

"(Y/N), please let me be a gentleman and sleep on the floor," he begged. I was not having it. 

"You slept on the floor last night. We agreed to trade off!" I insisted.

He shook his head. "Please, (Y/N). I enjoy sleeping on the floor. It reminds me of camping with my mother as a child."

I still wondered what happened to the queen. I hoped it was not something awful, because Legolas and I continued our argument. In the end, I did end up laying on the bed.

Not much sleep came to me, however, because it had just occurred that I was getting married in the morning.

*****

A/N: THIS BOOK HAS MORE THAN THIRTY COTES AND ALMOST FIVE HUNDRED READS!!! OH MY GOSH GUYS THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! I know my updates are infrequent, but I'll try to make them more often. I love you all.