Part Nine

Legolas and I lay in bed. We weren't touching, but the pillow barrier had been removed.

"You never did tell me," I began. "Your father seems very against dwarves, though there was a dwarf at the wedding. Who was that?"

Legolas looked at me and smiled. "That was Gimli. He and I shared in a great adventure long ago."

I turned on my side, so I was facing him. "And the mortal?" I asked.

Legolas sighed. "Aragorn, yes. He was there as well. He's a king."

I thought of an odd party of four. "And the hobbits?"

Legolas turned on his side, as well, so that we were facing each other. "Although I am fond of Frodo and his friends, this may be a story for another time."

I frowned. "You can't lead me on like that," I pouted. "I need the story."

Legolas laughed at me. "It's late."

I groaned in frustration. "Isn't there a saying about the importance of your spouse. Happy wife, happy life." It felt odd to call myself his wife. I knew it was true, but I didn't feel much like a wife.

He continued chuckling, probably due to the late hour. "(Y/N), we should already be asleep."

I gave him my best puppy dog face. "It's like a bed time story."

"We'll just say that we took The One Ring to Mordor and destroyed it. I met some of the most incredible friends," he said. "Now, I'm going to go to sleep."

I groaned. He did nothing. "Legolas, that's not good enough." There was no response. "Legolas," I said a little louder. I poked his cheek. He didn't move, but I felt him suppress a laugh. "Legolas." I screamed as loud as I could directly in his ear. His eyes shot open.

"Don't go screaming my name," he said, a smirk growing on his face. "My father is down the hall. We don't want to be giving him the wrong idea."

I gasped. "Legolas," I said, though I lowered my voice dramatically. I lightly hit his shoulder.

His loud laugh broke the silence of the room. He spoke, struggling to stop his laughter. "At least we're married." There was that word again. Married. The uncomfortable phrase of surprising truth.

"Oh, shush," I sighed. "Just go to sleep."

His laughter begins again. "That's what I was trying to do." I turned onto my back and closed my eyes. "Don't be like that," Legolas laughed.

I didn't move. "I'm tired now," I said. "Go to sleep."

He chuckled lightly, but the noise was quickly drowned out. After twenty minutes, I assumed he was asleep and felt free to turn onto my side and curled myself into a ball. I was always cold.

Then, he spoke again. "Are you okay, dear?" Legolas asked quietly.

I smiled, and was glad he couldn't see me. "Yeah, I'm just a little cold."

Legolas shuffled in the sheets and I felt his arm wrap around my waist as I was pulled so that we were pressed together. I immediately felt warmer and I snuggled into him. I fell asleep wrapped up in his arms.