Part Ten

After dinner that night, Legolas grabbed my arm and pulled me from behind Thranduil, who was telling Legolas something that he obviously didn't care about.

"I want to show you something," he whispered.

I looked to Thranduil. "But Legolas, yo-"

He put his finger on my lips. "Come on," he whispered.

I glanced back to his father, but Legolas was already pulling me away. We sprinted down a hall, though I did hear Thranduil sigh. I was pulled against a wall, where we caught our breath. "Legolas," Thranduil called. Even when he was mad, he still sounded majestic.

We ran outside and down a long, cobblestone path. Legolas took my hand in his own big, warm hand. "You're so slow," he called back to me. I laughed, but continued running. We reached town, earning a few weird looks, but we kept running.

We ran into the woods and stopped, out of breath. "Legolas, it's getting dark. Are you sure the forest is safe?" I asked, heavily breathing.

He grinned at me. "Yeah, just wait for a moment."

Legolas sat on the ground and patted the ground. I sat next to him, and rested my head on his shoulder. He wrapped his arm around my waist.

"Nothing is happening," I whispered.

He cut me off. "Just wait."

Then, a small melody began to play. I looked at Legolas, confused. Suddenly, I saw a sparkle. I thought it was a trick of my eyes, but Legolas gave me a small squeeze before approaching it. "Hello," he whispered. There was a small jingle and Legolas looked at me. "This is (Y/N)." Suddenly feeling insecure, I stood. The sparkle moved to his ear. Legolas nodded. "I think so too."

I walked up to Legolas. He took my hand and moved it so that my palm was facing up and it was flat. The twinkle landed in my hand and I saw that it was a small woman with wings. "Fairies," I whispered, smiling. "I've heard the stories, but I never knew-Wow." I noticed Legolas staring at me. "What?"

He glanced down to the fairy. "Are you going to talk to her?"

I looked back to her. "Hello," I whispered.

There was a melodious laugh. "Hi."

I felt my face light up. "Hi."

The laugh sounded again. "You're very pretty."

I blushed. "Thank you. I think you're very pretty," I whispered.

She danced up to my face and kissed my nose. Then she flew away. I felt my face fall as she left. "Wait," I called, turning. Then I saw the rest of the fairies. Hundreds of twinkles and sparkles and little dots of light.

Legolas grinned at me. "Legolas," I sighed. "They're beautiful."

He nodded, though he continued to stare at me. "Yeah."

"Thank you."

I hugged him. He was warm, and I could almost melt into him. I looked up at him, smiling. He bent down and our lips touched. It was soft. It was gentle. It was slow. It was caring. I smiled into the kiss.

So, maybe I wasn't married the way I had imagined. Maybe I wasn't in love just yet. But this was pretty great too.

The End