ONE

Hey friends! I hope you enjoy this story, I'm having SO much fun writing it. Just wanted to try this plot I came up with out and see where it goes (I know where it goes but you don't hehe) please vote if you like this:) byeeeeee
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

The plane is empty and white, waiting for me to take a seat to escape. Maybe when I get back they'll be gone. Maybe when I get back they won't remember. Maybe when I get back we will be okay.

But for now I'm here and I can't think about the future. I shouldn't think about the past, but it's all I can do when there's nothing in the moment to do.

I had asked if Lena could come with me to the Maldives, but she couldn't because she had a ski trip with her family. I don't know why I didn't invite anyone else. Maybe I just wanted to be alone for a week. It's just me and my parents who currently are sitting towards the back of the plane.

People are still getting on the plane with their carry on bags. I only grabbed a book, my phone, earbuds, and some snacks in mine. Enough to entertain myself.

"Great day to fly isn't it?"

I whip my head to face the seat beside me. Which is occupied by a boy a little older than me with longish, curly honey gold hair and brown eyes.

"Oh! Uh hi!" I say and move my bag awkwardly. "And yes, absolutely."

"So I'm guessing you're going to leave the window open the whole time?" He asks and sets down his bag which, unlike mine, is full.

"Um well I don't really mind, it's whatever," I reply. The plane takes off into the morning sky with it's bright, rising sun.

"Sorry I didn't formally introduce myself," he clears his throat and holds out his hand for me to shake. "Dalton Rivers."

I shake his hand and smile,"Elyssa Stewart. Nice to meet you."

"Cool name, sounds exotic."

I let out a completely not attractive laugh,"I'm guessing you're just talking about my first name which I'll let you know it was my grandma's."

"Oh, well Elyssa Stewart, I'll let you know Dalton comes from my uncle's dead dog so I think you got the better deal."

"Ouch," I laugh,"I definitely got the better deal. And please, just call me Elly."

"I like Elyssa. It sounds less like Eli."

"Well Elyssa sounds like a name from Pride and Prejudice or something."

"Elyssa, why on Earth are you making fun of your own name?"

"Dalton, why on Earth did you just call me Elyssa when Elly is easier?"

"Hey," he laughs,"I like Elyssa!"

He plugs in his earbuds and so do I. I let the music calm my mind like a lullaby for the soul. The plane carrying me gently along the clouds.

•••

Beneath my head is a smooth and hard and yet still soft surface that reminds me of the hard pillows that fill my sister's room which I occasionally steal because she's off at college.

My eyes snap open half expecting to see my room. Instead I see the back of a grey chair. I jump back away from the surface I was resting my head on. Which turns out to be Dalton's shoulder.

"Oh lord! I'm so sorry! I didn't realize-"

"El, how could you control where your head fell when you fell asleep? Don't worry about it."

"Oh so it's El now?"

"Yeah," he smiles,"I like El."

The thirteen year old girls across the aisle snicker and one says,"That's so embarrassing." But for some reason he didn't make it embarrassing at all.

"Are you going to the Maldives?" He asks me.

"Yes actually, are you?"

"Yup! Looks like the plane is descending." I must've slept for a while. He pulls out a bag of Skinny Pop. "Popcorn?"

"I would love to say no," I laugh,"but it's going to have to be a yes." He sets up the bag between our seats.  Before we know it, the plane is landing.

"Do you want to keep in touch?" He asks then looks at me.

"Sure!" I smile. He pulls out a notepad and pen and begins to write.

"You're just always ready to give random girls your number, huh?" I laugh.

"Elyssa, you are no random girl, you slept on my shoulder, remember?" He winks and hands me the paper.

We slowly leave the plane with the mopey and tired 3:00 am crowd that doesn't bother to move faster than necessary. Dalton and I stand and wait for our luggage.

"Oh, there's mine!" He grabs his navy luggage that looks like it might explode. "Well, goodbye for now,"he sighs,"glad I met you."

"Me too," I smile,"goodbye for now." We stand there looking into each other's eyes for a little longer as if to stretch seconds out to last forever and minutes to last an eternity.

Suddenly a girl's voice calls his name in the distance. I turn to see a tan girl with golden hair waving at Dalton. He waves back and walks over to her. He gives her a hug and they start to leave the lobby. He doesn't look back, not once.