oo. PLAYLIST

ENEMY

Scarlett Lerren was born as a abomination on the Ark, although she never learned why. Maybe it was the fact that she was born as a twin, or maybe because she couldn't ever have children. It didn't matter to the council on the ark. Once she was old enough, or at least old enough to survive, they sent her down to the ground, where they hoped she would die. But she didn't, they were wrong. The earth; was survivable.

* * *

Sixteen year old Scarlett Lerren was sitting down in her own cell, swinging her legs off of the bed as she waited for the guards to return.

She knew that she was being sent to earth, where she would soon die of radiation poisoning. She knew because her twin, was a guard. He told her that she was gonna be a goner.

It wasn't fair that Seth was the one that got to stay with the family, it wasn't fair because she didn't choose to be the second one to be born. No one did.

"Prisoner 218, against the wall." Two male guards rushed into her cell, shouting an order at her.

She listened to them, because she knew she was dead anyways. Her arms were forced behind her back and she was pushed out of her cell.

The guards dragged her towards a room where her parents and brother stood. Her mothers eyes were filled with tears, along with her brother. They finally let her go, letting her run over to her family.

After her mother and father said goodbye, Seth grabbed her and wrapped his arms around her shoulders, only because Scarlett was much shorter than him. "May we meet again, sis."

"May we meet again, brother."

The guards placed Scarlett into a small drop ship, only big enough for her and another person; and yet she was all alone.

And the last thing she saw was the millions of stars of space and the ark slowly fading away and her mind slowly fell into a dark abyss.

« PLAYLIST »
[Many of these are older songs, due to my mom helping me pick out good songs for this book because my fam happens to watch the show and they love Murphy. But I recommend these songs to everyone so make sure to listen to at least a couple of them.]

I. pompeii » bastille
"and the walls kept tumbling down,
in the city that we love."

II. the freshmen » the verve pipe
"for the life of me I can not remember,
what made us think that we were wise?"

III. I don't wanna miss a thing » aerosmith
"I could stay lost in this moment forever,
every moment spent with you is a moment I treasure."

IV. always something there to remind me » naked eyes
"and I can't help recalling,
how it felt to kiss and hold you tight."

V. no one is to blame » howard jones
"some break the rules and live to count the cost,
the insecurity is the thing that won't get lost."

VI. space oddity » david bowie
"far above the moon plant earth is blue,
and there's nothing I can do."