Chapter 3: Shopping Preparation

Willow's P.O.V.

     I wake up to the sound of singing from the restroom. Who the heck is that? 

     My eyes wander around the room, adjusting to the sunlight. I swear I'm a vampire sometimes, since the sun isn't my friend during morning time. 

     Groggily, I stand up from Brianna's bed and shuffle to the bedroom door. 

     Opening the entrance, the singing becomes two times louder. Whoever it is can sing good, I'll give them that. My ears identify the voice as a female's, which means it's either Ashley's or Mrs. Mann's. Brianna is still sleeping, I think. 

     Double checking the bed in her room, Brianna's presence is absent. Never mind then. It could possibly be her as well. However, the singing stops right when I start to go back out. 

     I walk to the bathroom, about to knock on the door when the knob starts turning itself. When it opens up, a toweled Brianna appears. Just noticing me, she jumps with sudden surprise. 

     "Gosh, you scared the crap out of me!" she exclaims. 

     "Sorry, I just woke up and heard someone singing, so I came to the restroom to see who it was." 

     Guilt is written all over her face. "I'm sorry, Willow! I didn't mean to wake you up! I totally forgot you were in the other room!" 

     "It's okay, it's okay. I probably would've woken up soon anyways, so thanks for being my alarm clock." 

     Brianna laughs. "Ha ha! You're welcome!" 

     I ask, "Why are you coming out toweled when you have clothes in there?" 

     "I forgot to get my face wash from my room. It's better to wash your face when you're covered by a wet towel instead of dry clothes." 

     "That seems reasonable enough." 

     "Yep!" 

     I walk back into Brianna's room with her following behind me. 

     "So, what will you be wearing today?" she asks me as her hand grabs a bottle from the dresser. 

     I haven't given it much thought since I woke up not too long ago. My outfit will most likely be something simple and comfortable. 

     "I'm probably going to wear some sweatpants and a long sleeve shirt with a beanie. Why? Are we going somewhere?" I reply. 

     She nods. "We're going to go grocery shopping and get some more school supplies, if that's okay with you." 

     "That sounds fine with me. Besides, I think I could help my mom a little by grabbing some groceries for her." 

     "Great! Then it's all planned! I'll be out in a few minutes, so get dressed," Brianna says. 

     Using my hand, I salute to her in a military kind of way. "Ma'am yes, ma'am!" 

     Her eyes roll as she exits the room. "Save the jokes for later!" 

     I laugh as my feet walk over to Brianna's closet. We made up this neat thing where we have some extra outfits of our own in each other's compartments, in case we spend the night without packing up some stuff. 

     Turning on the closet light, I find a plastic bin sitting in the once dark corner. I take the large container, shutting the switch off in the closet on the way out. 

     When I open up the bin, two outfits come to view. My hands dig out grey sweatpants, a black long sleeve shirt, and the usual white beanie. The perfect type of wear to have on while shopping in a store. 

     In less than a minute, my body is equipped with the comfy clothes. Looking pretty good so far. I grab my brush, stroking it through my thick, dark brown hair. Slight pain takes place whenever the brush's bristles hits a group of tangles. 

     With my outfit on and hair brushed, I place the white beanie on my head, completing the look. Now all I have to do is brush my teeth. 

     Grabbing my toothbrush and toothpaste, I knock on the restroom door. "Can I come in for a moment?" 

     "Yeah!" 

     I enter the steam filled room, which takes some of my breath away because of the heat. Brianna stands in front of the mirror, putting on makeup. 

     "You know, you're gorgeous without powder and mascara," I say to her as I scoot around to get to the sink. 

     "Eh. I'm in the mood to put it on today," she says. 

     "Alright then." My hand squeezes some light green toothpaste onto the toothbrush. I start brushing my teeth, from front to back and all around the gums. Rinsing out my mouth with water leaves a minty sensation upon my breath. 

     Once again, I swerve around Brianna, traveling to her room. 

     The sunlight has expanded more within the bedroom, now lighting up from the floor to the pink walls. I grab my phone from the bed stand, checking Snapchat. Brianna's icon lights up, letting me know she has a new photo/video. 

     I click on her story, and it shows me the newest picture she posted twenty minutes ago. 

     "Briana?" my voice booms aloud. 

     She walks in the room, all dressed and prettied up. "What's up?" 

     "What the hell is this?" 

     Her eyes look at where my finger points. I can tell she's trying not to laugh at my seriousness. 

     "Oh, crap. I was hoping you wouldn't see that," Brianna says casually.

     I huff out an annoyed breath, but it's not going to matter anyways. "Whatever. I'm not going to get mad at something silly like this." 

     "Awe, I knew you loved me!" she says. 

     "Ha ha. Very funny," I say sarcastically. 

     Her hands place themselves on top of her heart. "Ouch! That's a hurtful thing to say to your best friend!" 

     My eyes roll at her dramatic scene, but I can't help but chuckle at it. She knows how to make someone laugh. 

     "Let's get to the car, shall we?" I ask. 

     Brianna grabs her phone and coin purse. "We shall now."  

     My right arm links with her left, allowing us to skip together down the stairs and to the SUV. The sky outside is a crisp blue, decorated with fluffy clouds of white that looks like cotton candy. Temperature wise, it's perfect; not too hot and not too cold. 

     Once the engine has started and "Bright" by Echosmith is playing, we drive to the grocery store. 

     What's up, fellow readers! Hopefully, you enjoyed this third chapter! It was very exciting to type up because of the dialogue and actions! If y'all liked it, please rate it! The fourth chapter of my story will be updated tomorrow since it's pretty late from where I'm at! So goodnight, sleep tight, and don't let the bed bugs bite! 

-Kynndrah