Chapter 4

What's A Fuck?

Alexander's POV

"You can't just fight people. I'm calling your mom, what's her number?" Washington said. "She doesn't have a phone." I said.

"What's her address?" "8121 Second St, but my dad has a number, it's 102-728-8197."

Washington's POV

"Hello? This is Mr. Washington, and I'm calling about your son's behavior today?" I said. "What son?!" Said the man in a deep voice.

He sounded rather drunk. "Alexander." I said.

"That little fucking shit! Did he show you that stupid shit he's writing? Or talk in class? The little fucker never shuts up, a trait he gets from his mom."

I heard a woman yelling in the background. "Hey! Shut up, it's your whore ass that didn't want to use a condom!" He screamed.

"Sir, your son seems to be a very promising student, he just-" "You won't tell me what my son is and isn't!" He screamed.

"Sir, just listen to me!" "No, you're nothing but a low-life scum teacher! Bet you're a fucking liberal! Fuck you!"

"No, FUCK YOU!" I screamed into the phone, and hung up. I looked over to Alexander, who's eyes were like saucers.

Alexander's POV

"...What's a fuck?" I asked. "Don't say th-" "FUCK! Fuck! Fuckity fuck fuck filing fuck!" I said, before he put a hand over my mouth.

"Do. Not. Say. That. I'll get fired." He took his hand off my mouth, and I was silent for a little bit. "...Mr. Washington said fuck!"

"Okay, don't say fuck and I won't give you detention, okay?" He said, and I nodded. Fuck was a funny word, I hear my dad say it a lot.

I walked out. And that, my kids I how you use leverage.

John's POV

"Hey dad!" I said, walking into the car. "Why didn't you look both ways?" He asked angrily. I shrugged. "It was only a small walk!" He grabbed the collar of my shirt.

"Don't do that again, or your ass is getting whooped, okay?"

~later that night~

"Oh, dad! Did I tell you that I made a new friend today?"

"No." He said uninterested, and sighed.

He continued reading a news paper. "They're cute!" He looked up. "Oh, you have your eyes on a girl?" I shook my head no. "He's a boy." He looked up and grabbed my arm.

"What did you say?" "...He's a boy? Dad, he's really nice, he gave me half of his sandw-" He started dragging me into a his room.

"I'm not going to have you doing that in this house. It's for your own good." He said, and kicked me.

"Dad, please stop!" "I knew when I let you grow out your hair like this you'd become a queer. Your mother was so insistent on letting you 'make your own choices'."

He scoffed. "Look at where her choices got her, lying in a ditch." He hit me a few more times with a belt, where nobody would notice, like on my chest, arms neck or legs then walked out.

"It's for your own good, I love you son." I was silent. "Your response?" I was still silent.

I sighed. "I love you, father." I said shakily. "Good." He said, then walked out.

~the next day~

Lafayette's POV

John walked into class, even later than Jefferson. "You're late, John. I expected better of you." Said Washington.

He winced when he sat down. "Sorry sir." Adrienne passed me a note.

Dear Lufiete,

     well u plez go tu the winturs bal wit me? it wud meen the wurld. I luv u!

[] yes

[] absolutely!

I checked both of the boxes off and happily handed it back to her. Washington spoke. "And now, class. Each year the third grade class has done something called..." He smirked and looked at Alexander.

"Student government."