Chapter 2

I paced my room back and forth. It was my decision on whether or not I should go and talk to him. I was stressing myself out for no reason. I had bigger things to worry about than Niall Horan. Soccer and my education were more important than him. Only two problems with that statement. One, Niall played a role in my education. And two, Niall would always be the most important thing in my life no matter how much I tried to convince myself otherwise. But I had the choice to not go. He wanted to talk but maybe I didn’t. Who am I kidding? Even if he wanted to yell at me I would still go just to hear his voice. I don’t know when I became that sad little girl but it’s what he’s done to me.

I took a deep breath and decided I was being childish about all of this. Maybe he changed his mind and wanted something more from me again. I was more than okay with that. I grabbed my purse and keys and headed down the stairs of our house. There were two other separate apartments on the first floor. I didn’t meet anyone who lived here yet. As I was running down the stairs I bumped into someone.

“Sorry” I muttered, not bothering to look at the person.

“You should be” I heard a bitchy but familiar voice say. It was the whore of a secretary from earlier today. The one who was convincing me not to drop Professor Horan’s class. I ignored her stupid comment and headed back to campus. 
I opened the door to Niall’s office but he wasn’t there. I walked through the halls to see if I could find him. I heard his voice and watched from outside the lecture hall as he taught a biology class. He’s so happy to be teaching. He enjoys it so much. I understood that the risk was too high for him. I couldn’t help but smile as he started talking about the basics of the subject.

I waited outside for his class to be dismissed. A few students came up to him after class. I was patient because I knew students instantly loved him. He grabbed his briefcase and made his way out of the classroom. I stood leaning against the wall until he finally noticed me. He nodded his head for me to follow him.

Once we were both inside his office he closed the door. I sat down on his comfortable couch as he leaned against his desk. His mood was off. I soon realized whatever he wanted to talk to me about was not going to be something good. He took a deep breath then looked over at me. “Whether you drop my class or not we are going to be seeing each other. We’ll bump into each other in the hallways or in the cafeteria. We can’t avoid each other forever.”

“I know” I said looking up into those crystal blue eyes. The words I said next were sure to hurt him. “But I am perfectly okay with ignoring each other. Like I never existed to you and I have no clue who you are.”

“Kellie” he sighed. “Stop doing this. You’re an adult now. It’s time to start acting like one.” I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms over my chest. I wasn’t here for some lecture on how to live my life. That was something he had no say in.

“Why am I here?” I just wanted to get this conversation over with.

“I have to tell you something. Since we will be seeing each other more than either of would like to.” I was taken back by his words. He’d rather not see me at all. “I started dating someone. Her name is Victoria.” I bit my tongue and stared at the ceiling. I didn’t know how to react. Obviously I am pissed about it.

“Good for you.” I stood up, grabbing my stuff and stomping my way over to the door.

“I didn’t mean to hurt you Kellie.”

“Trust me. You didn’t” I lied but I would believe myself from the tone I was using. “Why are you telling me this?” I was more annoyed that I came all the way back to campus for him to tell me something so pointless.

“From your history” he said. I had no clue what he meant by that. “She told me about this girl that wanted to drop my class and the attitude you gave her. I saw what you did to Nikki back in high school. I don’t want you coming after her because you are jealous.” He was making me look like some crazy bitch. Nikki deserved everything she got. So what? I’m an aggressive person that doesn’t let people walk all over me.