Chapter 5

I felt a shift on the other side of the bed. I tried to open my eyes but they were glued shut. Crying yourself to sleep doesn’t make for pretty eyes the next morning. The bigger question though is who is sleeping next to me? I leaned over to see who was in the bed. I slapped myself in the face when I realized it was Liam. After crying to Liam in the alley we went to another bar to drink my life away. I trust that nothing happened. I just hated myself for getting to the point that I don’t remember what happened.

Liam groaned and rolled over to face me. “It’s been a while” he joked.

“Shut up” I laughed and covered my face with my hands. “God, I feel like shit.” Liam handed me a bottle of water and painkillers that were on my nightstand. He looked at me, shook his head and chuckled. “Thank you.”

“What are friends for?” He wrapped his arm around me, rubbing his fist in my hair to mess it up more than it already is. We heard giggling coming from the living room and I knew that Dana and Tori were up and getting ready to go to class. I didn’t want to explain anything to them. Not today. I had the worst hangover and I was still really upset about what happened. “Shit” Liam muttered. I turned to him, confused at his change in mood. “I hope Dana doesn’t think you and me-”

“No, no” I cut him off. “She knows were just friends.”

“I feel like such a jerk. Sleeping in her bed for two nights. Now sleeping in yours.”

“Yeah. But nothing happened between us. Wait a minute” I covered my mouth and acted like I was surprised. “Did you sleep with her?” He rolled his eyes and shoved me.

“A gentleman doesn’t tell.”

“That’s why I’m asking you” I laughed. “I’m sorry if I complicated things for you. My life is such a mess. I shouldn’t be bringing you down with me.”

“Don’t worry about it. Don’t forget you kissed me” he smirked.

“Don’t read too much into it. Why did you” I started but stopped myself.

“Yes Kellie?”

“Never mind.”

“Tell me” he tickled my side and I broke out in a fit of giggles.

“Why did you never say anything when you found out about us? Most people would have told someone.”

“We had our rough patch” he admitted. “We were finally getting back to a good place in our friendship. I didn’t want to ruin that.”

“But you didn’t even tell me. Even when we started dating.”

“Because he was gone and I knew how much it upset you. When I proposed that we should fake our relationship all I really wanted was your help. I needed to scholarship for school and you’re the best. When he left and ended things with you I was just trying to cheer you up. Once you went back to being your old self I realized how much I missed that. I started to develop feelings for you and bringing up him would only ruin my chances with you” he laughed. “He was in your past and that’s where I wanted him to stay.”

“And now?”

“We weren’t meant to be together. But you and Niall are written in the stars. Alright, let’s get to class.” He pulled his shirt over his head and made his way out of my room. I got ready for class, hoping I wouldn’t be too late.

I ran to class and got there a minute before. I sat next to Dana and she looked worried. I thought she would be mad at me but she didn’t seem angry.

“What happened to you last night?” she whispered.

“Long story. Sorry I just bailed.”

“I know you’re going through a lot. I have to ask” she looked over at me to make sure she had my full attention. “Did anything happen with you and Liam?”