Before

My fingernails dug more red marks into his flesh, pulling up layers of skin.

His grip tightened, his tongue hot and rough against mine. The scratching, raw pain in his flesh coursed through the Bond, transmuting as it made its way to me, so I felt it as his pleasure, his savage, cruel delight twisting through me, encouraging me, driving me. 

I knew what he liked. 

He was like dark, hot, storming Tides, the Bond wrapped us up and smothered both of us together.

Beads of blood welled up from his skin afterwards.

"Buttercup," he pressed his index finger to one of the freshest gashes, pulled up a fingertip and the blood created a shallow stain between the ridges of his fingerprint. "You almost are cruel with those claws."

"Should I restrain myself?"

"You should try harder." His voice was husky. He pulled me back down into the blankets, lips seeking mine. "You are like a bright, bright moon, Gianna. Cool and soft hanging in the sky, casting pale light across a still ocean." he chuckled, and his palm moved over my breast, "But you can pull that ocean across the world."

I breathed out as his touch snapped pleasure over my flesh. 

It was too easy to want him.

Now my reserve had no excuse, my hesitation pointless. I should have cast it all off and embraced everything between us, but...

"Old habits die hard." he sensed it, he knew, and he didn't care. He'd stalk the whole of me until the ends of the world, confident one day he would have all of me. 

We had taken the vows, I knew his secrets, it was possible I knew more about him than he knew about himself, yet, I couldn't quite let go of the ledge I dangled off of.

He didn't care. "You'll trust me one day, buttercup."

One day.

He was the Moon's Dark Comet, and served Her anger. For accumulated sins of our kind, he had been unleashed.

I was an Oracle, and if Anita was to be believed, the Balance-Keeper, and see the Comet did not sway from its intended trajectory.

We had always been these things, and we were those things before we were anything else.

 Complete trust and faith was for fools.