Things Gone Wrong

(A/N: Now the story will be told in first person point of view)

6 Years Later

We were all huddled together in the backroom of the house. There was a storm going on outside. Rain was heavily pouring, pelting the roof, flashes of occasional lighting, illuminating the candle lit room, soon followed by the loud whip-like crack of thunder.

The three of us, that is, Edward, Alphonse, and I, were too focused on putting the last finishing touches for the transmutation were about to preform. We could even care less about what was going on outside.

Ed pulled his hand away from the ground where he had just drawn the circle with a piece of chalk. "This outta do it." Ed confirmed. "Now, we just need some soul data." Ed and Al got a small knife and made a little cut on their finger, big enough for a few drops of blood to flow out and land on the pile of materials we had gathered.

We placed our hands on the transmutation circle.

"Here we go, guys."

"Yeah."

Ed then applied pressure to his hands, quickly followed by Al and me. The circle activated, glowing blue as sparks flashed, informing us that the transmutation was working perfectly.

Nothing was out of the ordinary. Everything was going according to plan. So far so good. But...the thought of doing that is forbidden sill left me unnerved. Many have have failed trying to achieve this. Will a couple of kids like us, even have a chance of succeeding?

Too absorbed in my current thought, I didn't notice the eldest Elric place his hand over mine. He gave it a gentle squeeze, capturing my attention. I turned my gaze towards him and Ed smiled warmly and encouragingly at me, making me calm down. We've been working on this for years. Everything will be fine. It'll be alright.

Soon, I'll get to see Trisha again. And then, everything will go back to the way they were.

One family again.

But that happy thought was shattered when when suddenly mist like blackness seeped out of the circle, making the room turn purple.

"Brother, there's something strange here." Al said fearfully.

Suddenly, a huge eye opened up in the middle of the transmutation circle, along with some kind of black tentacle like arms. They reached out for us. I wanted to back away, but that might stop the transmutation. So I stayed where I was.

Al's hand suddenly broke off. He screamed.

"Al!"

Then Ed's left leg broke off as well, making him scream in pain. He fell to the ground, the tentacle hands hovering around his leg.

No... This couldn't be happening... A rebound?!

"Ed! Al!" I called out to them. No, no, no, no!! Stop! Who ever is doing this, don't hurt them, not them!! They're all I have!

"Brother! (Name)!" Al reached for us as we reached out for him. He was starting to crumble away. No, please, no!

"NO! AL!!"

A flash of bright light out of nowhere blinded me. When the light faded, I found myself in front of a gate in a void of white.

"Al? Ed?" I looked around the endless white abyss, searching for the two brothers. But they weren't anywhere to be found. Were they okay? Were they alright? "Hello?" I called out again.

"Hey," A voice, no, something that sounded like multiple of different voices but spoke as one, answered my call. I turned around and saw a white figure, surrounded by an aura of darkness to shape out its form, cross-legged. It didn't have a face.