The City with a Sun God Part 1

"Children of God who live on this Earth, have faith and thou shall be saved." The radio droned on. "The God of the Sun, Leto, enlightens thy path. Behold, having descended from his throne, the Lord shall save thee from thy sins. As a messenger of the Sun God, I am your Father (A/N: Star Wars, anyone?)."

"... A radio broadcast of a sermon?" Alphonse questioned.

"A messenger of God... What's that?" Edward asked, putting a piece of food into his mouth.

"Who knows?" you answered him, fiddling with your locket.

"I think I ought to be saying 'what's that' about you three," said the shopkeeper. "Are you street performers?" Edward spit into his drink while you almost died chortling. Well, you can't blame the man. A suit of armor, a short blonde boy with an unfamiliar face, and a girl in a cloak with the hood over herself is a suspiciously strange sight. Especially the armor part. It was attracting quite the attention.

"Okay, pops, what part of us looks like street performers?" Edward asked, ignoring your bouts of laughter.

"I keep looking and that's all you could be..." the shopkeeper muttered. "I don't see people with faces like yours around these parts often. Tourists?"

"Yeah, we're just looking for something." You told him, wiping tears from your eyes.

"Anyway, what's with this broadcast?" Edward inquired the shopkeeper.

"You haven't heard of Lord Cornello?"

"... Who?"

"Father Cornello!" the shopkeeper said. "Messenger of Leto, the Sun God!"

"The founder of Letoism, the one with the 'power of miracles'," one of the guests added, overhearing the conversation. "He's this really wonderful man who came to this city a couple of years ago and showed us the way of God!"

"It's incredible!" Another guest joined in.

"Definitely the power of God!" But Edward had shut off the conversation and stopped listening.

"... You're not even listening, kid." the shopkeeper said to you irritably.

"I'm not really the religious type of person," Edward told him. "I'm stuffed. Let's beat it." He stood up from his seat.

"Yep." As Alphonse also tried to stand, he bumped his head on the roof of the shop, knocking the radio off the shelf. The radio shattered into a mess of pieces, sprawling out over the sandy, dusty ground.

"AHH!" the shopkeeper yelled. "Hey!! Don't cause any problems here! It's all because you're walking around in a suit like that!"

"Sorry, sorry. We'll fix it right up." Edward reassured the shopkeeper.

"'Fix'? How?" he asked, scratching his head.

"Just watch," you said to the man. Alphonse collected the scattered pieces into a pile and drew a transmutation circle. He placed his hand over it.

"Right! Okay, Here I go~." There was a flash of blue light and some sparks. Soon, all that was left was a large cloud of smoke, and when it cleared, the shopkeeper and a few onlookers gasped. In the center of the transmutation circle, there stood the radio intact, good as new.

"How's this?" asked Edward, casually glancing over his shoulder.

"... I'm totally stunned." the shopkeeper said, gawking at the radio that continued to broadcast the sermon. "You can use the 'power of miracles'!?"

"Say what?" you asked. Power of miracles? What an absurd thought!

"We're Alchemists." Alphonse told the man, a smile quite evident in his tone.