Foalhood Memories

Starry Knight opened his eyes slowly, letting out a small yawn. Celestia's sun rose over Canterlot mountain, shedding its glorious rays of orange light over the majestic city below it. Orange and yellow splashes of light mixed in his small room, streaming in from in between the shades in his window. Looking over at his small clock, Starry Knight groggily blinked his eyes and read the time.
"Oh horse feathers! I'll be late to my first day of training!" Starry murmured it to no pony in particular, jumping up. Fluttering his small wings, he floated down to the carpeted ground off from his bed and landed lightly. He then galloped quickly out of his room, rounding a corner and reaching the bathroom, and splashed some water on his face, waking him up some more. Ripping a brush through his dark blue hair with one hoof, he brushed his tail with his right wing and brushed his teeth with his other hoof.
...You know how they always say that multi-tasking never works? Well, whoever said that was correct.
Starry Knight stumbled out of the bathroom with toothpaste in his mane, hairs from a hair brush on his muzzle, and a brush sticking out of his tail. Shaking himself off, he threw on his small chest plate over his jet black body and strapped on his wooden sword on and galloped out of the room. Stumbling down the stairs, he rushed to the breakfast table, where his mom, Starry Skies, was making something.
"Hi mom!" Starry chirped, seating himself at the bar.
"Good morning dear! I was just about to come wake you up. You know, a good Knight-"
"-never sleeps in on the job, I know, I know." He finished, looking up at her with a small smile, blinking his purple eyes innocently.
"What's for breakfast? I don't wanna be late for my first day!" She chuckled, setting down a bowl of cereal with milk.
"This is for you, dear. I'm making myself a salad though, these days the talk of Canterlot is that all the sugars from those are horrible." Starry licked his lips, digging in to the cereal provided.
"Also, dear, you might want to get the tooth paste out of your mane. You also got some hairs on your muzzle, and is that a hair brush in your tail? Tsk." Using her unicorn magic, she fished out the brush from Starry's tail and pulled out lumps of toothpaste from his mane.
Finishing up his breakfast in a hurry, Starry ran to the large front door of the house and strapped on leather saddle bags full of the day's necessities.
"Wish me luck mom!"
"Good luck dear!"
And with that he was off to his first day of knight training, with his own father, the one and only head of the Royal Guard, Sun Knight.

A/n
If you're wondering, Starry Knight got his name from his moms first name, Starry, and dads last name, Knight.
Also, no, the head of the royal guard is not Shining Armor in this. Call it a alternate universe if you want, I don't care, but he's not the head guard in this story.