Megan

Megan's P.O.V

I looked at the mail.  It looks like I've been invited to a funeral for someone named Richard Grayson.  Who's that?

"Uncle John?  Why have we been invited to a funeral for someone named Richard?"

"Oh Megan sweetie," my Uncle said,"Robin is Richard."

I gasped.  The funeral was today, in few hours.  I grasped the note hard,"I'll go.  You're coming with me?"

"Of course.  I've known little Dick since he was 9." my Uncle looked sad.

"You have?" I asked, I didn't know that.

"Yes, he was quite the ball of energy." Uncle grasped me hard,"You need a black or grey dress for his funeral."

"A black dress?  Okay." I changed my pink dress into a black one,"Good?"

"Fabulous." my Uncle said.

"Why black or grey?" I asked.

"Well, Earthen funerals are usually black, because that is the color of death."

"Oh?  But Robin- I mean Dick- I mean Rob- I...."

"Call him Robin, that is who you knew him as. I knew him as Dick."

"Okay, so why black, Robin was such a happy person!  He always liked to make me laugh and his nick name for me was hilarious!  Miss M!  He teased Wally and liked to laugh.  Sure, he wears black all the time, but why black?"

"Well Megan, black is the color of sadness.  But I'm sure there will be color and a bit of happiness... because that's what Dickie would have wanted."

"Oh, wait Dickie?"

"Dickie, Dick, Dickie bird, little bird, birdie, all nicknames for him." 

I smiled.  It sounded like Robin.

-----

I sat in my room and prepared for the funeral.

Robin had been such an innocent soul.  Why was his life taken?  But then again, he wasn't so innocent.

It seemed he had seen murder, that's what Wally implied once.  But Robin shut him up with one glare.

That glare. I had seen it many times.  One time a villain ran away because of it. I almost laugh in spite of myself.

I hoped the funeral wouldn't be all black though, Robin had been so happy and didn't deserve something so dark.

I wish I had done something though, I wish I could have redirected the bullet, I wish I could've moved him.  Done something.

I can't help it, I'm just crying and I can't stop.  Why did they take such an innocent life?