Chapter 1: Please Don't Go...

~Suggested song: Evil Angel - Breaking Benjamin~

~Time: Unknown~

~Setting: Unknown~

~Subject: Sean McLoughlin~

I opened my eyes. Feeling the left over tears run down my cheeks. I sat up from the bed I was in, looking around.

"A cell?" I thought to myself.

I heard footsteps approach my cell door and the faint jingling of a key. The door unlocked and opened. I saw "Him" standing there. He smiled at me.

"Glad to see your awake."

I stayed silent as he continued to talk

"Look, I know you don't like me. You have good reason to. I'm sorry..I really am. I've taken it too far, and I can see that. We are to the point of no returns, and I'm sorry. I've really fucked up..and I'm sorry. It's to the point where she's gonna have to pass. There is nothing that any doctor could do to save her and I'm sorry. I did however, listen to your plead. I don't want Daniel anymore. I am willing to offer you a deal. I'll let you see her alive for one last time. Right here and now, but you have to let me take her." He looked at me. I started to cry again., knowing I'd lose my wife...I  sighed, and nodded. Knowing this was my only choice. He walked out of the room. After 2 seconds of complete quiet, I heard footsteps, I looked up, to see [Y/N]. In a fully human form, dressed in a white gown. She hugged me tight. I felt all the tears emerge from my body. I cried as hard as humanly possible. She looked at me, drying my eyes which were stained with tears. She kissed my lips softly, that seemed to stop my crying. I hugged her tight. She let me go and looked at me.

"Sean, I know you love me. I love you too. To the moon and back. But we both knew at one point, we'd have to let each other go. I know it came before we expected it, but it's here now. I promise you that if you let me go, you will never forget about me. I'll visit you every time you sleep. You just have to promise me one thing..."

"W-what is it?"

"Give a good life to our children. Please do that for me." She looked at me. I nodded.

She hugged me one final time before walking out of the room, never to be seen again. Anti looked at me. he could see the sadness and the look of defeat in my eyes. He shook my hand and again said he was sorry. I couldn't get myself to forgive him. After all the shit he has put my family through, he killed my beautiful wife.. He terrorized my  children in their dreams and now he's begging for forgiveness... It'd take a lot of will power to forgive that monster. I am just lost now. I am going to be a single parent for the rest of my life. I just don't see a world without her. We were together for 9 years. Had 3 kids, and a beautiful apartment. Now all of that is gone.

I felt my eyes become heavy as I laid down on my cell bed. I fought to keep them open, but they closed anyways. All I felt cold run through my body. I heard footsteps approach me. A warm hand touched my forehead. A woman's voice whispered softly into my ears.

"We will be united soon..."

I felt a warm sensation on my forehead, and the sounds of footsteps walk away and close my cell door.

~March 2nd (8 am)~

"RING! RING! RING!"

Sean jolted awake, hearing his phone vibrate.

~3 New Texts From "Mark 😝" ~

M: Sean, is everything okay?
M: Sean please answer me! You're scaring me.
M: Please call me when you get this..

Sean called Mark, holding back tears.

"Sean! Oh my god! You had me so worried! What's going on?"

"Um, *sniffles, trying not to cry* I'm at the hospital.. With [Y/N]...and she's ...she's...*breaks down in tears* she's dying Mark! She's dying! And they can't do anything to save her!"

"Sean..."

"You don't understand! I need her! She's the one keeping me alive! I've pulled her from death so many times! And now the one time I could have saved her, she could've survived..."

"Sean. I do understand. I lost my wife already! And who was there to help me get through the pain. You! Cassandra was a wonderful, beautiful women, and she died trying to deliver Olivia. That hurt me so much. But I have really good friends. You helped me so much, so I will do anything to help you. You're family Sean. I'll keep the kids for a couple weeks if you need me to. You can't let yourself feel this way forever..."

Please help me

Please help me.."

"Sean, I will help in any way I can."

Sean sniffled. "Can you have the kids stay over at your house for about a week? I don't want the kids to see me like this."

"Yeah, I can do that for you."

"*starts to cry* They are going to take her off life support... Mark..I don't know what to do anymore. I'm gonna lose her forever!!" Sean started to cry again.

"Sean! Stop that! You know that is not true. She will always be there with you! Her spirit never will leave you or your children. And you know that!" Mark sighed.

"I don't want her to die..."

"I know Sean, I know. " Mark replied.

After a while of talking to Mark, Sean started to calm down. It seemed that he was keeping him calm

"Stay on the phone with me Sean. It's going to be alright. I promise you that you'll never forget her and she'll always be with you.."

"Can you promise that?" Sean asked.

"Yes. Yes I can."

"I believe you. Thank you so much.."

~I know sometimes it's hard to let go..but life does go on. Hopefully Sean will realize this.~

Hopefully you guys enjoyed Ch. 1 of My Angel In Disguise Book #2
Trust me, we're just getting started!

Scarlett W.