Chapter 8

I woke up to the fresh Montana air and my dad making pancakes downstairs. He always does that on Thanksgiving Break.
After eating a delicious breakfast, I went upstairs to get dressed.
A few minutes later, Anne picked me up and we drove to the doctor's office. When we arrived we signed in and sat down. "I'm nervous," I told Oliver. He assured me there was nothing to be nervous about. I held his hand, rubbing my thumb on his.
A few older women were called in before me, and I realized I was the youngest one there. Then, a doctor came out and called my name.
"Allie?" We all got up and followed him back into a small room. "I'm Dr. Olker, nice to meet you," he said, shaking my hand. "Nice to meet you too," I said.
I sat down on the table. Anne and Oliver sat down on some nearby chairs. "I'm going to start by asking you a few questions," Dr. Olker said. "Okay," I replied.
"Do you know how far along you are?" he asked. "About 7 weeks," I said. "And is he the father?" he said, nodding towards Oliver. "Yes, he is." I was proud to have Oliver as my baby's father.
"Okay, it's time to start the ultrasound," he said. I lied down, and he put the machine on my flat belly. He moved it around and she looked surprised. "Is everything okay?" I asked. "Yes, everything is fine," he said.
He moved it around some more and then said, "Allie, you're having triplets."