Chapter 9

I didn't believe the doctor when she said those words. No one in our family had twins or triplets; I had no idea it was even a possibility. Anne and Oliver seemed just as surprised as I was. "Wow, this is crazy. 3 babies," Oliver said, trailing off.
The doctor showed us the babies. For the first time in my pregnancy, I was a bit excited. Although I had no idea how I would raise 3 babies while trying to complete my education, I knew Oliver and I would find a way. We always had.
After the appointment, I told my dad. I thought he would be scared or mad, but he was actually pretty excited. Unfortunately, I wouldn't know the genders for another 3 months.

The next day

Now that I had finally gone to the doctor, I decided to tell my friends about the pregnancy. I had been keeping it from them, in fact, I had barely thought about it. I walked to lunch, nervous. Reyna knew I had taken a test, but she didn't know the result. I think she assumed it was negative because I hadn't said anything. I sometimes wished that was the case. I had no idea where my life was going now that I was pregnant.
We sat down and started eating. Finally, Ollie said, "Hallie, Reyna, Allie and I would like to say something." I looked up at him, pleading him to say it. "Allie and I are expecting triplets on July 15th." The girls nearly spit out their food. "You're pregnant?" they said in unison. I nodded. "With three babies?!?" Hallie said. I nodded again. "Allie, are going to continue school?" she asked. "Yes, that's the plan," I said, nervous about how that would work. I saw Hallie's eyes light up with joy. Not a lot of stuff happened in our small town, so someone getting pregnant, especially a 16 year old with triplets, was a big deal.
      Soon, the whole school knew. Some people judged me, but a lot of people were excited.
     I left school that day feeling happy and excited.