Chapter 1: Mission Briefing

Not even a day after Dogolas attacked Monster Island and Bagan was imprisoned again, Godzilla received a transmission on his communicator. His hopes of taking it easy and relaxing after a crazy year of saving the world were in vain. The caller was a man Godzilla knew about, but had never met in person. He was Nick Fury, the director of SHIELD. SHIELD was an American government organization, mainly dealing with espionage, law enforcement, and counter-terrorism. But what they were most well known for were their close link with the Avengers, a team of super heroes based in New York. Godzilla and everyone else on the island knew what SHIELD and the Avengers were. After Fury introduced himself, Godzilla gained an interest in what he had to say. He had said that he needed Godzilla's help with something.
"Alright, so what do you need help with?" Godzilla asked.
"If you don't mind, I'd like to keep this conversation between us." Fury responded. He could see Mothra, Rodan, and Anguirus standing next to Godzilla. "Is there a more private area we could speak in?" Mothra turned her attention from the screen to Godzilla.
"You can use my tent if you'd like." She added.
"That should work. I think it's starting to rain anyway." Godzilla said, looking up at the dark clouds beginning to form. He quickly headed over to Mothra's tent, where he sat on her bed. Once he was sure nobody else was around, he and Fury began to talk again.
"We've received reports of some things popping up all over the US." Fury explained. "Jet told me you'd be able to provide some information."
"Alright. What do you need information on?" Godzilla asked.
An image appeared on the side of the screen. It was blurry, and not great quality. But Godzilla could make out what it was. The image was from a microscope, and showed a dark blue insect-like creature. It had tiny little eyes, pincers in place of a mouth, and six skinny legs. It took him a while, but eventually Godzilla realized what the creature was. It meant that another Kaiju from his past had returned. Fury smirked as he saw Godzilla's reaction.
"So, you know what this thing is?" He asked.
"Oh yeah, I know what it is." Godzilla confirmed. "And honestly, if you don't mind me saying, you're gonna need a lot more than just information if you're gonna deal with it."
"What exactly do you mean by that?" Fury asked, crossing his arms.
"If you're planning on sending the Avengers to deal with that thing," Godzilla explained, "it won't be enough. But if you'll allow me and some of my friends to head over and help, we may have a better chance."
Fury raised an eyebrow and nodded slowly. He honestly liked the idea. "Alright, I'll take you up on your offer." He said. "I'll send a helicopter to Monster Island tomorrow morning. Who exactly are you bringing with you?"
"3 others. Mothra, Rodan, and Anguirus, but I'll have to check with them first." Godzilla replied. Fury nodded once more. Jet had supplied him information about everyone on Godzilla's army, so he knew what Godzilla was talking about.
"In that case, I'll see the four of you at Avengers tower tomorrow." He said. He walked off screen, and the transmission shut off. As soon as it did, Mothra entered the tent.
"What was he asking about?" She asked, sitting down next to Godzilla. He sighed, flopping backwards onto the bed and gently tossing the communicator into Mothra's hands.
"Looks like we're going to fight another evil Kaiju." He exhaled. "That's pretty crazy. I don't think we've ever fought so many in one year. We haven't been that busy for a while."
Mothra crawled onto the bed and faced Godzilla, smiling down at him. He smiled back at her.
"But we're not doing it alone, right?" Mothra asked. "If we're going to meet with Nick Fury, we're probably gonna meet the Avengers too."
"Yeah, I guess so." Godzilla thought out loud. He ran the list of Avengers through his mind. There was Captain America, a soldier from World War 2 who was frozen in ice for 60 years, Iron Man, a brilliant scientist and millionaire playboy with a suit of bionic armour, Thor, the actual Norse God of thunder, the Hulk, another scientist with the power to become a monster whenever he was angry, Hawkeye, a sniper with an affinity for archery, and Black Widow, a beautifully deadly assassin and secret agent. Godzilla was honestly looking foreword to meeting all of them. Mothra was too, and they assumed Rodan and Anguirus would be more than willing to meet the heroes.
"Maybe this won't be as bad as I thought." Godzilla said. He sat up, making Mothra sit herself up into a kneeling position. Godzilla looked out a window, and saw how dark and rainy it had gotten.
"Well, it's getting late." He said. "I'm gonna head off to bed." He sat up from the bed and began to walk to the exit, until Mothra suddenly remembered something. She swung her legs over the edge of the bed.
"Actually, Godzilla, I wanted to ask you something." She said. Godzilla stopped walking, and turned back to her.
"Yeah?" He responded. He could see her cheeks were turning red as she sheepishly looked down at the ground. Whatever she was about to ask him, it was probably a little embarrassing.
"Well, it's raining outside right now..." She explained, "I was just thinking that... maybe instead of sleeping outside in a hammock, you and I could share my bed. At least for tonight."
Godzilla was a little surprised by the request. It certainly wasn't something he was expecting. She was right, though, not only was it raining, but it was also getting much colder out recently. This wasn't a problem, since Godzilla could increase his internal temperature to adapt to the weather and temperature, but he still couldn't deny that sleeping in a hammock every night was not really comfortable. That, and the fact that sleeping outside in the open was not exactly quiet. He often found it hard to sleep. Sleeping in a bed, especially with Mothra, might be a welcome change of pace. 
"I think I could probably do that." Godzilla responded.
"Okay then." Mothra said, smiling as she stood up off of the bed. "But... could you look away while I put on my nightgown?" She blushed, but Godzilla could tell she was serious.
"Oh... sure." He answered, quickly turning around. He could hear Mothra shuffling with her clothes behind him. He almost wanted to steal a quick glance while she was undressing, but his more gentlemanly side prevented him from doing so.
"Don't you have something that you normally wear to bed?" He heard Mothra ask.
"No, not really." He responded. "I just kinda wear whatever I have on during the day, and I usually take off my jacket. Sometimes I take off my training tape, too."
Mothra thought this was a little strange, but didn't say anything. Finally, she had put on her nightgown, placing her kimono and other clothing in a dresser near her bed.
"You can turn around now." She said. Godzilla did so, seeing Mothra in her white nightgown. It was basically a short silk robe. The bottom of the gown only came up to just above her knees, and the sleeves revealed most of her forearms. Godzilla thought it was absolutely adorable. It wasn't something she would normally wear during the day, but she figured that it was only sleepwear, so it was alright. She got under her covers and moved to one side, leaving the other for Godzilla. He walked back over to the bed and removed his jacket and shoes, placing them on the ground. He slid under the covers next to Mothra. The bed was quite large, big enough to fit both of them with almost no problem. It was a bit cramped, but they didn't mind being a little close to each other.
"Goodnight, Godzilla." Mothra yawned, reaching up to turn off the lamp on her bedside table.
"Goodnight, Mothra." Godzilla repeated, still trying to get comfortable under the blankets. He wasn't used to sleeping in anything that wasn't a damp, torn piece of fabric. Mothra switched off the lamp, and the tent fell silent, aside from her soft breathing. Godzilla fell asleep almost instantly. It was warm, quiet, peaceful, and Mothra was close to him. He couldn't argue; this was much better than his hammock.