Chapter Six.

Chapter 6

| Greyson Adams |

I punch my fist through the wall when a painful stab shatters my heart.

Slowly I'm losing control over my wolf but I don't make an effort to stop him.

My eyes are pitch black by now, and only an expression of pure hate is found on my face.

My breathing gets heavier and low growls vibrate through my chest.

"Beta Adams?"

I hear Sophie's voice and turn around in one angry motion, she's only wearing a revealing nightgown – barely leaving anything to imagination- with a confused expression on her face.

"Are you alright?"

"Do I look like I'm ok?" I snap at her and take some threatening steps her way, and grab het by the throat.

Her eyes widen and fill themselves with fear.

"No," she shrieks and tries to get my hand of her using her tiny little ones.

"Filthy whore," I sneer and push her against the wall roughly, followed by a muffled groan from her.

"Did I ask you to say anything?"

She shakes her head no, while tears stream down her cheeks.

"Stop crying and do what you're good at," I yell at her. I let her go and pull her to my room.

--

After a refreshing shower, Martin stormed in, saying that Alpha Marshall was pissed that I turned off my mind-link, leading to the fact that he couldn't reach me.

"I was buzzy," I explain to Martin, but he just rolls his eyes.

"You're always buzzy."

"I don't see no problem in that," I force a grin and slap him on the shoulder, then I close the door and walk toward Alpha Marshall joined by Martin.

I've been Alpha Marshall's beta for ten year or so, which means I was chosen to be beta when I was seventeen.

It wasn't a surprise really, my dad was good friend of the former Alpha, which means we practically grew up as brothers. Despite the eight years between us.

"Adams!"

"Marshall," I sigh, squinting my eyes at him. My wolf is furious with the fact he marked Lydia, but I -he- must realize she chose to be.

"Why didn't you answer?" he yells and franticly waves his arms around in pure fury.

"I was buzzy," I state and take a step in his direction.

"I don't believe that you're business in more important then your Alpha's."

I shrug and walk past him, entering the meeting room.

"You're damn lucky that you're my beta," I hear him curse. I simply ignore it and slowly slide in a chair.

"Good that you all got here this quickly," Marshall begins his 'speech' looking around the room with squinted eyes.

"It's confirmed that Alpha Causes has Argentum, now is the best time to strike. This is the moment we've been waiting for; he's weak, Luna Causes also, leading to the bad state the pack is in. I expect you all here at 9am, with plans for the attack."

Mumbling follows and a devilish glint forms in Alpha Marshalls eyes.

"You are free to go now."

Everyone bows their head in respect and leave the room while talking.

"Except you Adams."

Sighing I drop myself in the chair again and look at Marshall.

"I want to hold the ceremony tomorrow and I want you to plan it."

I try to answer as neutrally as possible and after a few second I manage to get out a, "-fine".

Marshall nods in appreciation, "-that's settled then, if you would excuse me I'm going back to my lovely toy."