Night Visitor (see above)

I wake up well before the bright lights go off, marking it as "daytime." I went and got my knuckles bandaged up last night, but they're still really sore, and I rolled my wrist a little this time. Grinding it into the wall didn't help, either. I don't care much, though, other than I don't REALLY want to have to use more supplies to heal it, so I go to the gym instead of punching the wall.

Yes, there is a gym, and yes, I do go in the middle of the night. I know it's wrong to use what ultimately destroyed me, but I have to hit something, and either way I use the same amount of supplies. Hitting the punching bag just won't damage my hand as much. That's probably why Leon suggests it so often, since he knows this fact and doesn't want me hurting myself. The thing is, if I punch the wall, using bandages doesn't make it appear to others that I'm using those materials, whereas having my own punching bag would most DEFINITELY be viewed as me using the materials. I'm somewhat able to get past the guilt by thinking about how I'm literally destroying what stole my life from me, so it's not entirely horrible...

Long story short, instead of continuing to injure my hand even further, I come to the gym at midnight each night and punch a punching bag until it literally falls apart. Then, I push the reset button on the machine, which uses the atoms from the previous punching bag to re-create a new one. This way, I stay uninjured, and people won't view me as a hypocrite. Everyone wins! Well, I win. Kind of. Whatever. I enter the gym. I tape up my hands a bit, so they won't be bruised as much as they normally are. Plus, it adds an extra layer of protection to my injured wrist. In almost no time, I have the soundproof barrier up so others can't hear, and I'm punching the bag furiously.

Right, left, right, in quick succession. Then I pull an uppercut, quickly clobber down, my fists clenched together coming from over the punching bag, only to rip them apart and punch it again and again. I'm not here to box, I'm here to maul and destroy a piece of that which stole everything from me! I get angrier and angrier, and start punching faster and faster. Soon, I'm going fast enough that I'm not really sure where my fists are, they're just blurs. It's like I've stepped out of my body. I'm totally turning this thing to ribbons of sandy pulp, but it's not really me. I can see myself now. I mean my eyes are closed and I actually can see myself in my minds eye, so clear that I almost don't know which one I am. Am I the one punching the bag, or the one floating above? Who is me? Who is them? Right when I'm about to lose all control forever of who is who, which is which, the bag breaks, and I'm slapped back into my body.

The bag is completely gone. That's always how it is. Just as I'm about to slip away into the sweet oblivion forever, I get pulled back because the bag breaks. Life is cruel that way. I stand, stagger over to the reset button. I slowly walk over to the bench, and sit, wiping away my growing pools of sweat with the towel I brought from home for showers and whatnot. I drop my hand from my head and sigh.

"So. This is you, huh?" I hear a female voice say. My head shoots up.

A girl stands in the doorway, but I can only see her silhouette. I don't recognize her, or her voice. Not that I knew many people anyway. I didn't really talk to other kids much anyway in school, I haven't talked to anyone other than Leon the entire time we've been on the ship (not including the doctors who tried to bandage my hand, since I was shouting at them). I stare at her.

"What, you're just gonna stare? Staring's rude you know." She said, walking over with one hand on her hip. She could easily be a model, with the way she walked and swung her hips. She had light, caramel colored skin, brown eyes, and chocolate colored hair that was a little poufy, but mostly straight; it reached the bottom of her chin. Her face matched the description perfectly, too; it was nearly symmetrical, with a normal amount of makeup on it. I gave her a death glare, stand up, and walk past her. I already know I won't like her, because just like everyone else, she doesn't care that The Surface is gone, she continues to use things that destroyed it in the first place! Uugh.

"Hey, aren't you going to talk to me? I asked you a question! you should at least answer it!" She calls after me, as I'm walking away. She huffs, but I continue walking. She's not worth my time. "Hey!" She shouts, now that I'm even further away. She keeps calling, but I continue ignoring her. I finally reach the place where I sleep, since I refused to get a room. I'm well aware that she's still following me, though she stopped yelling awhile ago. She thinks she's being stealthy. Note the word 'thinks.'

I ignore her, and go rinse off in the showers near where I stay. When I get out, I'm quick about it since I don't want to be caught by anyone else. I know she's still out there, because I can hear her pacing around. I put on my boxers, and for her sake, some basketball shorts on over those. I smile to myself, thinking about how hilarious it would be to walk out in my boxers completely ignoring her and go to sleep. I don't though, since I have to live with so few people, and I don't want ANY of them completely hating me for life.

I walk out, tossing my clothing to the side, where I keep them. I walk over to my sleeping bag, and stand next to the head of the bag. I look up, straight to where the girl is staring at me from. I look her dead in the eye, my face the grim, blank stare I always have, and I can see her gulp. I climb into the bag, turn with my back facing her, and go to sleep.

I can only hope she leaves me alone from now on. But with the determination I saw from her today?

She'll be back.