Trouble, or Hope? (Benz viewed above)

I wake up the next morning, and pull on a shirt. I look over at where the girl was last nigh-

What the heck?! She's still there! I groan, and look around to see if anyone else decided they needed to crash in my space, but she's the only one, thankfully. I don't really know where anything is, I've been too caught up in my grieving to go exploring or care about what the home forced upon me looked like; but I can't just leave her here! And I don't want to wake her up... I sigh, picking her up. She's not exactly heavy, but... she's not light.

I'm holding her like you would a child, her arms around my neck and my right arm around her back, while supporting her with my left arm by her thighs. She started to snore, then drool. WONderful. I adore having the slobber of the people who destroyed my life rubbed all over my tee-shirt. Isn't it just common knowledge that a cold, wet, sticky shoulder is just heaven on Ear- I mean, in space? Uugh. As if I didn't have enough problems caused by her to ponder and take care of already.

I carry her to the front desk, hoping to run into her parents or guardians or something along the way. I would even take a sibling at this point! I mean, really, what person doesn't worry about their relative when they go missing for a night? Come on people! First they didn't care about The Surface, and now they don't even care about their CHILDREN?

I'm getting huffy when I reach the front desk, and the receptionist gives me an odd look. I know she knows me, She was the one Leon took me to the first time I needed my hand bandaged. I may or may not have inadvertently given her a bruise on her face when she was trying to help hold me down. I look at her face, and try to think of what to say.

"I found this girl sleeping in basically what's my room. You know, that area next to the locker room nobody uses? Yeah, that one. She followed me around a little yesterday, but I didn't really care about it. Now I care. Where can I put her? Does her family have, like, a room or something I can put her in? Seriously, I can't hold her forever." 'she's heavy.' I finish that last part in my head, but the lady doesn't say anything as she gets up and beckons me to follow her. She must be really bored, 'cause I'm pretty sure she hasn't let go of that one doctor visit. I follow her, my arm aching in protest, begging me to just leave her in the hall. As much as I would enjoy following through with that thought, I push the thoughts aside as it would cause two people to hate me. More than they already probably do, obviously.

we come to a room, and the receptionist knocks. When there's no answer, she presses her ear to the wall. I'm not really sure how to react, until I hear her mutter to herself about no water running, and I realize she was listening to see if anyone was in the shower. She motions for me to stay put, and though I'm pretty sure all my muscles from the punching bags have been burned off and are all dead by now, I stay, holding the girl. Punching something and holding something are two entirely different concepts.

The woman pokes her head out, saying "Come on in. I'm not sure where her brother is, but he's the only relative of hers that we have recorded. I can't give you any names, but seeing as I don't really care much about protocol since my family is dead, and we all know each other anyways, I'll share. Her brother's name is Benz, and she's Brie. I don't know why they're both 'B' names, so don't ask. Leave her on the bed, then get out; I don't want to get in trouble for showing you her room." She then left, leaving me to think about maybe she didn't actually hate me so much.

I spoke way too soon.

I went in to set her on the bed, and as I was pulling up from leaving her there, I felt and saw a shadow loom over me. I finished setting her down, then pulled the covers down over her. She stirred a little, and murmured something, but then settled back in. I turned around to now face who I assumed to be her brother. He was pretty ripped, but not gross and veiny. He had a rose tattoo on his right arm, and wore a tank top with skinnys. He had short, sideswept hair, and stubble.

Making sure he noted the amount of care I held in my facial expression, I calmly walked around the guy who was so clearly Benz. Right as I got to the door, he caught my shoulder. Great. Now he was going to try to rough me up, and I really did not feel like getting into a brawl right now. I opened my mouth to say as much, but he cut me off.

"Hey, I'm not gonna beat you up or anything. I just wanna talk. Come in? We don't have alcohol since neither of us drink it, but we have Mt. Dew. Is that okay?" He asked, smiling. I was a bit confused, but I figured it was a friendlier tactic of him getting to know me and trying to figure out what my relationship was with his sister. We went inside, and he took me to the coffee table, bringing two Mt. Dews with him. We sat on the couch in silence for a minute, sipping our soda. He turned to me.

"So are you gonna tell me how you know my sis, or not?" He asked, blatantly. I calmly told him tha basic truth; she found me boxing in secret, and I ignored her. She followed me to the place where I sleep, and I continued to ignore her, going to bed, I simply returned her when I found her there still in the morning. When I finished, he just nodded.

"Yeah, I kind of figured nothing happened between you two, considering everyone on the ship knows who you are on the inside and out. Don't worry about the boxing thing, I'll make sure she doesn't tell, and I won't tell either." He took a sip of his Mt. Dew, and noticing my surprise, he laughed. "Kid... You do realize that even though you punch the wall in a shaded place, it still leaves permanent bloodstains, right? Plus, you're not always the only one in there when you punch it, ya know." I rest my head in my hand, sighing. Great. I'm a celebrity. Whoopie; considering that now it's too late for that to, I don't know, ACTUALLY HELP WITH ANYTHING!!! Suddenly, the intercom comes on.

"All passengers to the viewport under the order of the captain. All passengers to the viewport under the order of the captain." The soothing voice said, and we heard some commotion in the halls. Then Brie woke up.

"Really? NOW you wake up?! I had to carry you up thirteen flights of stairs! You could have woken up then!" I say angrily at her. My arms are still numb.

"So, you'll actually talk to me now?" She said, smirking as though she won some big prize or competition. "Even though you won't talk to anyone else, including me last night?"

"I only use words with you because you're too oblivious to read my face when it says'leave me alone.'" I say, glaring. She stops smiling and starts pouting. I turn to the door, to head to the viewport, with the others on my tail.

And boy is there a surprise for us when we get there.