Chapter 1

I woke up with the light shining through the curtains in my room. My eyes slowly fluttered open. I pushed my soft blankets off and got out of bed. I walked out to the bathroom, took a quick shower, and walked back into my room. I walked to my closet and decided on an outfit.

I did my makeup and looked at the time

I did my makeup and looked at the time. 7:15. "I still have time to do my nails." I said to myself. I started off with a black coat, painted the tips red, and stuck a skull sticker on my ring finger. I looked in the mirror and was satisfied with how I looked. I walked downstairs to the kitchen. I saw a note written on a post it note that was stuck to the counter.

'Bailey,
Your father and I had to go to Washington for the weekend. We might have to stay longer, we will call you if there are any changes. I left money in the jar by the fridge for take out. You may have friends over, but no sleepovers. I asked the Wilkersons if they would check on you. Lois said that you are welcome over anytime. Love you, Mom.
P.S Your brother is coming home in a couple days.'

I sighed. I was alone for the weekend. I picked up the note, crumpled it up and tossed it in the garbage. The worst part was, my idiot, jerk brother was coming home. Bryce and I used to be close as anything, but then he went and stabbed me in the back. His grades started dropping, he took up drinking, and he was a complete jerk to everyone in the family. That's when Mom and Dad decided to ship him off to military school. It was somewhere in Alabama, but I didn't know exactly. I broke out of my thoughts and grabbed a Granola bar from the cabinet and walked outside the house. I locked the door and started walking to school.

"Hey, Hay Bale," I heard someone say from behind me. I smiled. Everyone hated the Wilkerson boys, but I didn't. We basically grew up together. "Hey, Reese's Pieces," I replied, smiling. We both had nicknames for each other, but everyone teased us about it. "Hey, Malcolm. Hey, Dewey," I greeted the other two boys. "Hey, Hay Bale," Dewey said. Reese immediately turned around and shot him a death glare and picked him up by the collar of his shirt. "You wanna say that again, Dewey?" Reese growled. Dewey had fear written on his face and shook his head no. "Good. I'm the only one that gets to call her that." Reese finished. He came up to me, wrapped his arm around my shoulder and started walking to school again. I smiled. I loved when he hugged me, or even accidentally bumped into me. I only realized it a couple weeks ago, but I was in love with Reese Wilkerson.