Chapter 5

I quickly got on the empty bus and paid the bus driver. She gave me a warm smile. I smiled back. I picked one of the seats and sat down. The cold plastic bit at my back, sending shiveres up and down my spine. "Where to, Darlin'?" The bus driver asked. "Out of the state. Colorado, please," I replied staring out the window. "Alight, I can't take you all the way to Colorado, but I can get you to Arizona," She explained. I nodded and said, "That's fine." The bus driver smiled at me again and started the engine. I caught a glimpse of the figure that was calling my name before and I realized it was Malcolm standing there, along with Dewey. Both of them had confused and hurt faces. I shook my head no at them and I could feel my tears startng again. My best friend hates me. He was my other half. He was the one I could trust the most, and he stabbed me in the back. I pushed the thoughts away. C'mon. This is a fresh start. Stop thinking about him, Bailey. I told my self. I thought about it, I had only been to Colorado a couple times to visit some distant relatives, but they were no where close where I was going. They lived in Denver, but I was going to Silverton. It was a good 6 hours in between the two towns. I watched the little drops of rain race down the window. I traced them with my finger, trying to focus on something else than Reese. I sighed and laid my head back. "Hard day?" The bus driver asked. "You have no idea," I explained. "Do you wanna talk about it, Sweetie? It ain't good to keep things bottled up," she said. "Can I? Cause I really need to let this all out," I explained. "Of course. By the way, my names Doreen," she explained. "Bailey." I replied. She shot me another warm smile, and I started to tell her all that happened. "It feels like my hearts been shattered. I mean he's my best friend why would he do that?" I cried, tears slipping down my face. "I'm sorry, I , know I'm causing a scene," I apologized. "No it's fine, you need to let it out, or else it'll get worse." Doreen explained. I smiled at her and she smiled back. "So you want a fresh start?" She asked. "Yeah," I explained, wiping my tears. "How old are ya, Darlin'?" She asked. "I'm 17," I lied. She nodded. "Do you have a license?" She asked. "Never got one. I'm planning to get one when I get to Colorado." I explained. A couple more people got on the bus, so Doreen started talking to them. She should be a therapist. Not a bus driver. I smiled, lowing that I let off some steam, so I grabbed a sweatshirt from my bag and folded it so it would be a pillow. I pulled my hood up and placed the folded sweatshirt against the window. I laid my head down and slowly started to fall asleep.