Chapter 4

I felt my eyes slowly flutter open. When my eyes had fully opened, I realized that I was still at the Wilkerson's house. I looked at the little clock on the wall. 3:15. The boys should be back in any second. I thought. I yawned, and rolled over so my face was facing the inside of the couch. I heard the door open, and was about to get up, when I heard a fimiliar voice. "Reese, babe. You sure that Bailey skank isn't here?" I heard the voice ask. Nicole. How could he? He knew she was with Kyle. "Don't worry. She's here, but she's asleep," Reese said. Why wasn't he standing up for me. I kept my head burried in the couch cusion, as tears slipped down my face. "Why are you even friends with her, baby?" She asked. "I honestly don't know. She's so annoying. I'm only friends with her cause my parents are friends with her's," Reese explained. That was it. "Thanks, Reese," I said, standing up from the couch. "Bailes," Reese started. I saw the look on his face, his face was painted over with hurt. "Bailes? Really?" Nicole sneered. The hurt look on Reese's face disappears and looked between the two of us. I saw his eyes gaze down to Nicole's chest. Of course. I shook my head and ran to his room. I grabbed my pants that were covered in dirt and blood. I took one of Malcolm's sweatshirts, which was probably Reese's and probably Francis's at one point, but I didn't care. I slipped on my shoes and walked back out. I gasped when I saw Reese on top of Nicole on the couch, his hands under her skimpy crop top. "Jerk! I hate you!" I cried. I ran out of the house and ran dwon the street. I didn't even hear him call after me. I ran to the park and climbed up the jungle gym. The once blue sky was now painted over with orange and pink. I sat in a little area, Reese and I used to sit when it was raining. Clear plastic surrounded three of the walls. The other wall was complelty open to get in and out of the area. The roof was a red, but over the years, you could see the silver steel flakes underneath the red. I pulled the hood on the sweatshirt up and pulled my knees to my chest. How could Reese say that about me? I finally stopped crying and stood up. I walked back to my house, walked inside. My parents still weren't home yet. I walked into the kitchen and grabbed a post it. I quickly scribbled a note on to it.

Dear Mom and Dad,

I'm really sorry about this but I have to leave here for a while. I need a fresh start. Please don't worry about me. I'll be fine. I love you both so much.

- Bailey

I sighed and put the note on the counter where they would see it. I sighed, walked into Dad's office and walked over to the jar of money. I spilled the jar open and grabbed the random bills that were in there. I grabbed all the loose bills. I counted it and it added up to $65 dollars. I grabbed a handfull of loose change and stuffed it into my wallet. I grabbed my pull string bag and stuffed 5 pairs of clothes in it. I would go to the laundry mat and do my laundry there. I left my phone plugged into my charger and grabbed my backup phone. It was just a simple flip phone. No trackers and I would only be able to make small calls. I would get a job and pay for a new phone. It would be great. It would be a fresh start. I grabbed my bag and a few snacks that got stuffed into my bag. I waited by the bus station for the bus to come pick me up. I heard someone call my name. I saw the white lights of the bus coming towards me. I felt tears prick in my eyes. "Goodbye, Reese." I said before getting on the bus.