Chapter Five

A/N: I'm sorry I haven't updated sooner. School's been kicking my ass and I'm in a lot of clubs. I'd really appreciate it if you guys tell me what you think of this story so far.

^Miki's POV^

I roll over to be face-to-face with something soft and silky. As I open my eyes, I'm shocked to see a beautiful dog sitting near me.

"Hello," I say to the dog as I slowly start sitting up in bed.

"I'm glad you're awake, Momo." I jump slightly where I hear Mamoru's voice from somewhere near me.

"Oh," I coldy state, "it's you, Mamoru. What do you want?"

"I'm not letting you out of my sight," he replies, "I promised your mother that I'd keep you safe and I intend to keep my promise."

Right as I'm about to snap at him Tamaki pops his head in the room. Without hesitation, he walks in the room and sits down on the floor next to the golden retriever.

"How are you feeling," Tamaki asks while petting the dog, "sorry if Antoinette woke you. She loves meeting new people."

"I'm fine," I whisper, "is this your dog?"

"Yes. This is Anoinette. Mamoru wanted to take you home last night, but I persuaded him to let me take you here since my house is close to the school. I'll have someone drive you and Mamoru home once you're feeling better."

"Thank you, Tamaki." Believe it or not, but I donnt regret the words that just came out of my mouth. I never would have guessed that this annoying blonde idiot can be so kind and caring.

"You're very welcome, Miki. By the way, breakfast is ready. Just ask a maid and she'll take you to the dinning room."

I nod in reply while Tamaki and Antoinette leave the room. After a brief pause, I turn towards Mamoru.

"I'm sorry," I quietly state, "but I really don't wanna go to my mother's funeral."

"Well," Mamoru sighs, "you have to. You now have to continue your mother's business transactions. I'll help you resign from the school."

"What?! No! Let my mother's adviser do it!"

"Hyosuke? You really want him working with Americans?"

"I'd like him to do it until I finish school at Ouran. Please, Mamoru?"

"Fine, but only if you go to your mother's funeral."

"I'll go as long as Hyosuke deals with Americans for a few years."

Shortly after our agreement, Mamoru leaves the room and insists that I get dressed. The only problem is that I don't have anything to change into. Maybe a maid might have something I can borrow.

I poke my head out of the bedroom door only to be faced with several maids.

"The young master insists that we help you dress," one of the maids says cheerfully, "he had young master Hikaru and young master Kaoru bring over some clothes."

Without hesitation, the maids swarm into the bedroom and present me with several different outfits. Did Hikaru and Kaoru make all of these? I really hope not because that'd be weird.

"Which one do you like," an older woman asks as I stare at all the outfits.

Being the reserved person I am, I point to a short sleeved knee length pink dress with neutral ballet flats. Without missing a beat, the maids help me change into the dress faster than a car in the Indie 500.

"All done," the older woman says while handing me the ballet flats, "we'll take you to young master Tamaki when you're ready." I nod in reply as everyone leaves the bedroom.

After taking a deep breath, I walk out of the bedroom and have the maids lead me downstairs to the dinning room. To my surprise, it was quite a small dinning room for such a luxurious mansion.

"H-hello," I stutter as I enter the room.

"Please," Tamaki begins, "don't hang your head. Hikaru and Kaoru brought over beautiful clothes."

"You look nice in that dress," Mamoru murmurs with a mouth full of cereal, "those annoying twins are good for something after all."

"What would you like for breakfast, Miki?" Tamaki grabs my hand and leads me to the empty dinning room chair next to him.

"A-a vegi omlet," I reply quietly after taking a seat.

Tamaki nods and runs to the kitchen while Mamoru looks at me while chuckling a bit.

"Still a vegeterian," he asks. I try not to speak so I just simply nod in reply. To my surprise, Tamaki comes back with my omlet before Mamoru and I can continue talking.

~~~~~~~~

"Let's play the 'Which one is Hikaru' game!"

I glare at the twins while going back to my book. For some weird reason, Tamaki decided to drag me to the Host Club today.

"So," Hikaru says while shoving the book to the other side of the room, "which one of us is Hikaru?"

I glare at the twins again and then point to Hikaru. I watch in amusement as the twins widen their eyes.

"How did you know who's who," Kaoru asks curiously.

"You guys may be identical," I write down, "but you're different. Now I'd really appreciate it if you gave me back my book, Hikaru."

To my surprise, Hikaru quietly complies with my request and then goes back to entertaining customers with Kaoru. I hope Tamaki doesn't bring me to this annoying Host Club again tomorrow.