Chapter Eight

Miki's POV

I successfully made it through the day without bumping into another Host Club member. However, Tamaki's words still echo in my mind. Why would he say such selfless things? What does he want from me?

Tamaki's POV

I was sad when Miki left the rose garden to go to class and I'm even more sad when I don't see her anywhere in the room as the Host Club begins. I know I can be annoying, but I'm trying my best to not annoy her. Perhaps she took my advice too far and decided to ignore us...

Hikaru's POV

Karou tries to get me to do our brotherly act for the ladies but it's so hard to concentrate when I keep thinking about Miki. If only she were to come and at least eat cake with Honey and Mori...

Mamoru's POV

"Miki," I shout as she tries to run from me, "stop it! Stop running!" Luckily for me, I catch up to her and grab hold of her. I don't know why she always runs from me when I try to take her home. Doesn't she want to follow the family's business?

"Let go of me," she shouts back, "leave me alone!"

"That's not going to happen." I sigh as she attempts to kick and punch her way out of my grasp. It feels likes forever until she calms down. "Are you ready to go now?"

"Never," she growls, "you're useless and need to leave me alone or else."

"Or else what?" 

"I'll fire you and kick you out of the house!" As Miki's express hardens by turns to one of shock. Will she really do that to me after all I've done for her? With anger boiling in me, I do the unthinkable...

Miki's POV

I gasp and begin to cry as my cheek begins to stings. How could Mamoru do such a thing?! In fear, I stomp on Mamoru's foot and run to the only place where I know I'll be safe: the Host Club.

As I arrive to the Music Room, I am saddened to see nobody there. The place looks abandoned and the silence only increases my fear.

"T-tamaki?" I croak out while my cheek still continues to sting. "Suoh?" I sniffle when I don't hear a reply. As silence sounds me, I slide to the floor and cry my eyes out while trying to ignore the pain in my face.

Tamaki's POV

The Host Club was successful even though Miki didn't show up. As the guys leave, I decide to stay just in case she shows up. With depression hanging above me, I take a seat at the piano and begin to play a soft slow song.

When I finish the song, I decide to grab my bag and jump slightly when I see Miki crying near the Host Club door. Her cries break my heart. Who made this beautiful woman cry?!

"Miki?" I walk up to her and sit infront of her as her cries continue. "What's wrong?" I gasp as she looks up at me. Her left cheek is bruising and her teary face makes me want to cry. Without another word, I hug her and rub her back slowly as she continues to cry.

"Ma-mamoru s-s-slapped me," she croaks between cries. Anger boils in me as I hear this. I knew he was a jerk but I didn't know he was so ungentleman-like that he'd slap an innocent woman. I will get my revenge for this beautiful woman currently crying in my arms.

As Miki calms down, I pull away from the hug and wipe her remaining tears. Her cheek is still bruising and looks so horrible. I'll take her home and have the maids help her cover that up.

"T-tamaki," Miki begins so quietly, "c-can I go h-home with you?"

"Of course, princess," I reply just as quietly and give her a small smile. She returns the smile and stands up slowly. I stand next to her and grab both my bag and hers. Antoinette and I will help cheer her up again!

Miki's POV

I smile softly as Antoinette runs out of Tamaki's mansion and jumps onto him. He may act like a stuck-up king at school, but he has such a gentle and open heart. As Antoinette pushes Tamaki down to the ground and begins to lick him, I can't seem to stop the giggle that makes its way to my lips. As Tamaki gets back up, he invites me into his house.

"Don't worry," he states, "the twins can come by tomorrow and bring you a new dress. It would be horrible to have to rewear a dress that you've cried on." I smile softly at Tamaki and follow the maids as they slightly drag me into an enourmous bathroom.

Tamaki's POV

As the maids taking Miki to the bathroom, I go to my room and dial Kyoya's number. I tell him what happened to Miki and demand that he gets all the proper documents I need to start an argument against Mamoru. I then proceed to call the twins and tell them to bring Miki a new uniform for tomorrow. They agree and then after explaining her situation I demand that they come up with ways to prank Mamoru. Next, I call Mori. I would call Honey but I don't think he'll take the news very well. I tell Mori to deliver the news to Honey and tell them what the rest of us have planned to do. Finally, I call Haruhi and explain things to her. I've never heard her yell so much in her life. Before I even get a chance to speak again, she tells me what she's going to do and then hangs up. Mamoru may have a beef with the Host Club, but that's no excuse for him to take it out on Miki!

A/N: Did you guys see that coming? I'm writing Chapter Nine as you read this. I'm so so so so so so so so so so SO sorry I did not update sooner. Please let me know what you think so far and what you think will happen next. Enjoy~!